BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 20, 2008

Give Me Five Monday




Give Me Five fave fall time foods with or with out recipes.

1. I love cranberries & brussel sprouts this time of year. Canadian Thanksgiving was last weekend, after all.

2. Turkey soup. Especially if it's made with leftovers.

3.
I love hot tea, of any sort, and this is when I start drinking it by the boxful, because I don't drink coffee anymore. I had to stop that when I realized how strung out Hunter was before it dawned on me that it the caffine goes through breastmilk.

4. Fresh home made apple sauce. I don't make it often, but when I do it's usually this time of year because I actually really enjoy it warm.


5. Soup. I know I already put a soup up here, but I so often start craving them this time of year it's difficult to know which one I've got on what day. I generally make mine from scratch, and usually use a base of onion, carrot, celery, peas, and whatever noodle/potato & meat is handy, sometimes I'll use chicken, sometime's I'll use ground beef...but during the colder months ground beef is my preference, I see chicken as being a warm month thing. I'll add whatever spices and other veggies I have about, but those are my main staple ingredients.

5 thoughtful remarks:

Unknown said...

I don't think I've ever had turkey soup, but it sounds delicious.

Feel free to swing by mine!

http://www.kristinjhand.com/2008/10/give-me-5-monday_20.html

Joyce said...

We're crazy about soups this time of year, too.

Stay warm! Autumn is definitely getting chilly here.

Vivian said...

your list sounds good and homey. love your website too, i will visit often...i am sure!

BeccA's Buzz said...

Mmmm, soup!!! Great list :)

Nietha said...

eww brussel sprouts!