BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 24, 2008

Decorations & Raffles


"I looked out this morning and the sun was gone Turned on some music to start my day I lost myself in a familiar song I closed my eyes and I slipped away"
Boston - More Than A Feeling

So I've been pondering what kind of finishing touched I want on my decorations.
I believe I'm going to use the tin can idea (you paint an empty can black, then punch a design in it wil a hammer & nail, then set a tea light inside of it to light it up) instead of getting mega pumpkins, and save myself the trouble of carvers arm. Just gotta make sure I make some meals outta my canned goods (try and use different sizes as well, ugh).
I was really surprised a can of spray paint only cost me 97 cents (for the cheapest stuff they had), and the more expensive brands didn't run more than 3 dollars a can. I always thought it would cost more than that, no wonder graffiti can run rampant.


"Anyday, now..I'm gonna' jump right in. And anyday ,now my destiny will begin."
Bif Naked - Any Day Now

I'm a little annoyed at our town. My MIL was kind enough to email the Mayor of our town to ask when Beggars night would be (It's stupid that it can be held on any night besides Halloween ANYWAYS) and his response was the first parent on the block to slip a note into the other ppl's doors would set the night. I can't even begin to explain how crazy that is. That's like saying, ok, I'm going to Celebrate Christmas in July because I won't be able to make it on the of the 25th in December. Stupid, am I right?
"I have a taste for danger If Im smart then I'll run away But Im not so I guess I'll stay"
Madonna - Beautiful Stranger

I wrote this months letter last night, and got my envelopes stuffed and ready to go this morning. Hopefully I'll be able to get them out today or tomorrow. I added D's school pictures, and a few had his Flag Football photo, and I made sure to include some sort of art work that D had done this past month, either writing or coloring.
"And if I could hold on Through the tears and the laughter Would it be beautiful?"
Kelly Clarkson - Beautiful Disaster


I need to finish Hunter's Bob shirt today (I'm actually quilting it from an orange and yellow piece of fabric cause I'm too lazy/cheap to go looking for an actual shirt to match), and hopefully I can piece together the rest of his costume this weekend.
I'm kind of tired today, and would really love to take a nap.
Went to a PKV Mardi Gras meeting last night (school parent volunteer program) and ended up signing myself up to head their Raffle Prize committee. Essentially I'm in charge of gaining donations in the form of free/reduced tickets/passes to attractions for anyplace between Columbus & Cleveland, Cash donations, and also get my hands on some great things that I can bundle together. Meaning, I'm going to be contacting every place in town...restaraunts, movie theaters, museums, anything of that sort to do myself proud. I hope I do well, as I'm not originally from this area I'm not entirely certain what all is available to me, but I'm gonna rely on the internet for some research, as well as my family cause I know they've got to have some kind of connections.
I don't mind doing the work, it'll give me something to do, and the worst anyplace can tell me, is No, right? So, I hope I can do as well or better than the past years they've run this event at the school.
I'm kind of hovering around "What the Hell Was I Thinking?!?", and "I'll Kick Ass At This!!". I wonder when my mind will decide which boat I live in? LOL
"Why, why is it always something new? Baby, I'm just dyin' to please."
Chicago - Hold On

1 thoughtful remarks:

LarryG said...

I love your format - adding the quotes is awesome - and you have a great flair for sharing what's happening.

Great post!