Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Been pretty busy of late.
Monday I can't even remember what I did...I don't think I did much of anything.
yesterday I took the boys over to Baby Group, and after they both had a nap, I cleaned out my car in preparation for this weekend.
After they went to sleep I cleaned the house...did the dishes, put the toys away, packed D's bag and lunch for today, did a load of laundry, cleaned off the table for cutting.
Today I dropped D off for the Sports Day Camp at the gym, and went to the Health & Wellness Center to can some Cherries. Was the first one there (as usual) and met another mom who has a two month old little girl who's tinier than H was when he was born.
Got to learn the steps, but am still not an expert or anything, I think that's gonna come with time tho. We're sposed to can Peaches, Apricots, and Tomatoes this year too, I hope I have enough jars.
Anyhow, brought H home halfway through cause mom stayed home from work today and I let her get him down for a nap (cause I had tried while I was there and he refused...too much to look at) while I finished canning.
I was there from 10am until 2:30 this afternoon.
Tommorow I'm planning on dropping D off at Day Camp again, then I'm gonna go to Baby Group with Hunter, and do my packing, and see if I can get some sewing done.
The birthday party on Sunday went well, I can't member if i blogged about it or not.
Anyhow, I ended up taking a tired Darius to Xavier's 4th Birthday party. They had a 3ft pool out back with cold water in it, and a slip n' slide set up...even though it was sprinkling a bit (no thunder) the kids were all outside in their swimsuits getting wet and having fun. Poor Xavier's mom was having a hairy canary about the weather (I would be too) and the kids being cold. So, after about an hour of them running round, they were complaining about being cold, she was at a loss. So I suggested Hot Chocolate, which they all loved. After the kids all warmed up, it was food and gift time. Xavier wasn't even interested in the gifts cause he was real tired & whiney. He really wasn't interested in having other kids poking at his new toys and sharing.
When he opened the box of about 15 items (costumes) he pulled out the first thing and lost interest, but the other kids pounced on it, and within minutes each child was wearing something from the box.
The rest of the party was good, without incident (which is amazing for 13 kids - only 4 parents).
We got home, had a bite to eat and got D off to bed.
It's been pretty rough go of it for bedtime lately where D is gonna hafta figure out a new method. It frustrates me how everything has to change, when it was going really well.
Anyhow, two other mother's at the party wanted me to make them costume boxes for their boys as well, so we'll see whether or not that pans out.
I'm planning on getting a hold of UBCO to see what I can do further my education in the arts. Can't figure out what would be best, to go through the Band Office or through the UBCO itself. We shall see. I'm really wanting to take something in photography and something regarding business. We'll see, I don't know how this stuff works, and it seems pretty overwhelming at the moment.
Hunter is walking...yay!

0 thoughtful remarks: