Thursday, June 29, 2006


Well, it's a brand new day...or evening, right now. :o)
Meant to post some pix of Hunter, but can't get the cd to work, and Chance is off with the camera. :oP
Well, it seems to have been a long week. Am working my way through feelings of being antsy, and anxious, and full of energy, but exhausted at the same time. :o|
I was beginning to go stir crazy in the hospital after Hunter was born, I didn't get dischraged until Tuesday afternoon...I could actually compare it to jail. I was stuck on the ward, in one room, with a curtain for privacy, having a strict three meals served to me, and nurses to tell me when to do different things. Not to mention loved ones only visiting for 30 minutes at a time...ugh. I was very happy to come home.
I have to say being at home has been a bit tougher than I had hoped it was going to be. Am trying really hard not to notice that the effort level isn't what I expected, basically because I know I can expect too much sometimes.
Chance is out with D tonight, they decided to go camping with Chance's friend. I was invited of course, but just wasn't feeling secure enough to go.
It's been a busy week...Sunday Hunter was born, monday was in the hospital, Tuesday was released, Wednesday was shopping at Salvation Army for their 1.49 day and my midwife appointment, today was the pediatrician's appointment to do a check up on Hunter.
When I had Hunter, he managed to get stuck during the delivery, and in the proccess I had a swarm of ppl out of no-where's telling me how to deliver. It was really an emergency situation that wasn't explained fully (so I could understand) until I seen Kalia on Wednesday. In any event, because they were pushing and pulling so hard ( I had two ppl pushing on my tummy to turn him that way, and two reaching inside to turn him) his shoulder was "damaged" during the delivery. He wasn't moving it the first day, but has since shown terrific improvement. He's now bending, flexing and lifting it. All a relief because other wise he would've needed a nerve transplant. :oP
Anyhow, It's been a busy week...and I'm looking forewward to a busy weekend cause Pokie and Steven are comin for a visit, along with Gramma already being here, it'll be a full house. :o)
I'm curious to see what it's gonna be like when everything goes back to normal.
Darius loves can tell he's kind of trying to adjust, but there's a lot of other factors in there that don't really have anything to do with Hunter. I'm happy with his behaviour though, he's definately a doting big brother. He already enjoys snuggling, holding, touching, holding hands, and singing to Hunter.
I'm saddened that he's had to mature so quickly.
Such is life I suppose.
In any's feeding time again...I need to scoot. Just thought I'd update everyone, and gain some semblance of normalcy.

4 thoughtful remarks:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Glad to hear everything turned out well... Will see you guys on Saturday!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear from you and that you're all doing as well as you are!

Allie said...

Wow! Congratulations! Hunter is such a great name. I was starting to wonder when you didn't post for a while. I'm so glad to hear you're doing well. All my love to the family!

Helen said...

Congratulations on your new baby, Amber. :) He's beautiful, from the pics I've seen.