Friday, January 21, 2011

Feel Like Not A Whole Lot

Not much action blog-worthy going on here.
I gotta say that having a two-working-parent household is a little more difficult than I thought it would be. I find myself exhausted after work, and I have a lot more running around to do. I can appreciate now how difficult it is to spend quality time with the kids after work for both of us. We do make an effort to keep tired voices from raising and to keep ourselves sane. I can admit, though, that it can be quite trying to ensure everything runs smoothly, and to ensure that everyone is cared for properly while we work. These past couple of weeks we've been experimenting with different friends' caring for the kids, but are quickly boiling it down to those whom we trust with our kids, and those whom we don't. Am considering finding a sitter for two days per week for the days I'm in daycare w/H, but we shall see what happens, and if anyone is available.
I'd like to make a trip to Kelowna sometime soon, but am unsure when that will be. Am working on savings for the trips we plan to take, and also on a list of items I would like for the house, that I've always wanted, but haven't really seen as something I could get. It's nice to be able to make a list like that. I'm enjoying that freedom.
I've gotten myself worked into a bit of a schedule, and have found a niche with how to get the kids ready to go int he mornings and how to get everything done in a day.
We've signed both kids up for Gymnastics, on seperate nights of the week. They enjoy having something extra-curricular on the menu of things to do, as they haven't had this since we left Ohio, really. Though we did try Scouts for a bit, it wasn't worth it in the end.
It's been snowing a lot here lately, which is nice. I have been avoiding shovelling my driveway, opting instead to 4x4 over the mound that the plow leaves behind. I regretted doing that yesterday when I got the truck stuck trying to get into the driveway w/the kids in it. Of course, it had snowed over 8 inches in 24 hours, and the mound was considerably large, and had not been worn down at all. I made plans, once we got the truck into the garage, to go out and shovel that mound out of the way. Just thinking about it made me feel worn out, but I need to be able to get in and out of the driveway, cause I have no plans to dig myself out when I gotta get to work. I got the kids ready for bed, and as I got them out of the shower, I seen lights on the driveway. A Co-worker of Mr's was out in our driveway with his little ATV & plow clearing out a path for our truck in the snow. Seriously...that guy is my hero.
I have some people coming over this weekend to help me clean out my storage room as well, as it's a scary sight, and out of the norm for organization. I'm glad it'll be getting done, and ready for the seasonal items to go back in.
I'm making plans to set up D's bunk bed, as he's starting to ask for sleepovers with friends. He's never had one, and I'd much rather prefer having his first one with a friend over here than have him do the first at someone else's home.
Spending this morning doing small errands with my lil H, before heading to the Daycare for the afternoon. I'm sure enjoying myself with the kids, it feels good to be sparking imaginations again.

1 thoughtful remarks:

Osbasso said...

Glad to hear things are getting smoother for you. So much better than they were this summer. I'm still rooting for you!