BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 04, 2009

Before & After


Well, it's been four days now since the beginning of the month.
I'm doing good on the portions control, the not eating after a specific time, and drinking more water. I am, however, suffering from carbonated beverage withdrawal. Craving sweet drinks, and sweet treats seems to be my major fall back right now.
So, we did not too bad for our first week of sales, dismal in comparison to what we did the last time we did this around, but we'll get there. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that we'll be able to keep the tables we borrowed from the Cub Scouts for the entire month, as opposed to returning them after the weekends. Sometimes I just don't think things through. Spent most of yesterday cleaning the house. Got the living room back to some semblance of normal, since we removed most of the furniture, this is as close as we could get. It'll work for now.
During the course of the weekend the kids were testing our patience. See, I've never parented a 7 year old before. A 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, and newborn...but not a 7 year old. Each thing I experience with him is new to me, and sometimes a curve-ball works its way into the crevasses I leave behind. He was testing everything, and making a major argument out of the simplest no, which made it very challenging. Suffice to say we're left the option to seek counseling for him, but who knows how productive that can be before we leave?? Would we be better off if we just waited until we got to BC, or not? *sigh*
In any event, he did something ridiculous that made me giggle. After I stopped giggling, I said "I'm blogging about that!" (which is actually a regular threat around here, though rarely used), and he shot back at me the 7 year old version of blogging and tweeting. Kind of caught me off-guard as I don't even talk about blogging to him, or usually, around him. I've never mentioned Twitter either, as I don't do it myself, or follow anyone on it.
MIL came over after dinner last night, and decided to try and play with the ornery children that I had. The park was in the plan, but they were being so difficult we ended up just hitting the backyard & driveway. All things quiet and content for the time being when all of a sudden...you could hear chimes & cheesy music in the distance. The Ice Cream Truck was coming.
For the record, neither one had actually "finished" their dinners, and when they asked if they could get something I said no. Of course, the damned lady driving turned up our street. *sigh* I gave in and said ok, and just as I was about to turn to the house to get my wallet, out come Mr with some cash in hand. Apparently he had waved down the Ice Cream Lady.
Stupid Universe...it's bad enough I'm porkin back the cake that's been sitting in my freezer cause it needs to be empty when we sell it, but you need to throw in the Ice Cream Lady as well?!

2 thoughtful remarks:

Jack said...

Damn that ice cream lady and her yummy goodies! lol

7 year olds aren't nearly as bad as 8, 9, or 10 year olds... hang in there :)

MIL said...

He's 7...and there's lots going on right now. Once things settle down, I don't think you'll need to worry about counseling...not for him at least! (hehe)