BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Things That Make Me Smile

Well, today I'm not feeling quite so low. These moments of despair really come and go, it seems.
I spent last night on the computer, surfing every site I could think of that would post job opportunities. Sent out 15 resumes in the time span of two hours. I hope I get something back from it all.
It's kind of gloomy here, must be a lot of clouds in the sky...or it could just be the smoke from the fire down the road a bit. Who knows...
Keep meaning to make lists up of what I'd like to accomplish in the house, and the plans that I have to get myself back on track with my weight and make up a schedule for the boys that i won't mind sticking to. So many things just begging to be organized, I'm sure I'll get to it eventually. Right now everything is going in baby steps, so I don't feel quite so overwhelmed.
I'm glad my outlook comes and goes, as I can't imagine what it must feel like to be down all the time.Saturday we had attempted to go to the beach as a whole family, but got rained out and wound up visiting another family member and their newest addition. Was a lot of fun. On our way home we stopped in at a McDonald's Playplace (did I mention we live about 5 minutes away from one?) to let the kids romp a bit. It was really sweet to see Darius playing with his brother. At first H claimed that he couldn't climb up the shelf (it's a really tall Playplace) so refused to climb unless big brother was pushing him up each level. As D was pushing he would yell up "Be care ful when you come down because my little brother is trying to climb up!" H then refused to go down the slide on his own, and so D was obliged to go down each and every single time with him. They'd get to the bottom and H would declare "That was awesome!" and clench his little fist to show just how cool it really was.We went again the other day (gonna be spending time there cause it's air conditioned and have water readily available. This time H figured out how to climb on his own, and that was the last we saw of him. He must've climbed up and gone down that tunnel slide a full 100 times before it was time to go. Poor little guy tuckered himself out. He's not like most kids, he doesn't stop cause he gets tired, he goes until he drops into a deep sleep to recover. It was cute though, each time he came down he jumped off the slide yelling about how awesome it was.

2 thoughtful remarks:

cheatymoon said...

Glad you are having a little bit of fun. Love that last photo.

Nietha said...

aww, he uses "awesome!"? too cute!