BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

This Is: My Favorite Person

Carina @ a Blogette has a wonderful still new meme on Tuesday's called This Is:. Each week someone who participates helps choose the topic for next week, and so on. So, here's my post :o)
Wow, I have to admit that this week was a rather tough pick for me, so many people to choose from, so little blog space ;oD My list of runners up is so close...my mummie, my aunt pokie, Hunter, or Darius. I've got a small group of folk who are near and dear to my heart who would greatly devastate me should they disappear from my life. I know I can call any of these people at any time of day or night and they will always answer my call, and do their best to answer my questions (it helps right now that I have a three hour lead on them) and give me their support.
So, anyways, this week I chose my Mr!! Yes, he completes me. LOL
Seriously though. I'm an uptight, by the rules, commedable kinda gal, he's the one who convinces me to bend the rules once and a while, or occasionally ignore the dire straights that we seem to find ourselves in, and have a little fun. He's goofy, and brainy, all at the same time. He's wicked smart when it comes to remembering random facts (Any Almanac or Guiness Book Of Records could possibly be considered his bible), is very knowledgeable about weather (He's a certified Weather Watcher), and illnesses, and he even has a bachelor's in Psychology. He's got a great sense of humor that sometimes catches me offgaurd, and makes me giggle until I have tears rolling down my cheeks. I always joke that if the world only knew what he was really like behind closed doors, he wouldn't be loved nearly as much, but I honestly think they'd love him more if they saw him the way I do. There's been many times where we've had rough waters. Honestly, we built our relationship from literally being strangers to being married with a child, so it was expected. After all of it though, I still chose to stick with him, and was greatly rewarded because of it. I always saw that there was a great potential within him to be an amazing human being, all I needed to do was wait until it showed it's head, and maybe even mold it a little bit. So, even though we did some pretty crappy things to each other, we have so much more to show for it. I finally know how a functioning marriage is supposed to work. It's happy, sad, frustrating, but we're always able to work it out because we can communicate our needs with each other. Sure, there's things we need to work on, but we have the rest of our lives to do that, why rush?

10 thoughtful remarks:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you got the *whole package* and a cutie to boot!

skywind said...

We love the people we love, I wish the our forever lovers happy.

http://eyesinkaleidoscope.blogspot.com/
http://fymtyh.blogspot.com/

the girl in stiletto said...

aww... :*( what a beautiful relationship :) btw, hi! =D

Jack said...

Beautiful post Amber! My hubby is my best friend too.

Happy pancake day :)

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

It is nice to see a couple so happy! Bless you both...

Coffee Slut said...

Awwww ..adorable post!

My expressions LIVE said...

You are a lucky girl! xoxox

Hepburn Hilton said...

Congratulations on finding you special someone!! He looks like so much fun from the photos :o)

I would have gone for Derek, if the situations still hadn't been like hell. We used to have fun like that to. Derek is also that way with facts... remembers anything and everything/useful and soemtimes jst plain crap.. lol.

Awesome that you'll play hostess this week!! If you could post your pick as soon as you have it, that would be great. Give people a head's up :)

Amarie said...

Great choice! Family is a given, and we can't choose them, but we CAN choose our significant other, and that makes them extra special :-).

Kitten said...

I wanted to cry when you wrote that! That was a touching post!