BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 02, 2009

Party Planning


Is it kinda crazy that I'm starting to prepare for D's looking 7th birthday at the end of next month? Planning for the party on the 21st, and we're going with a Super Mario Theme.
Should make for a fairly easy cake, wonder if I should start testing my colors now....?
Looking online, a simple cake pan goes on ebay for anything between 35 & 50 dollars. Crazy.
Found a few website that does the party supplies...so on that front we'll be looking at a tab of about 50 for everything that I'd like. We'll be having the Cake & food here at the house, and then transfer everyone to the facility of D's choice for some indoor play time which could ring up a bill of anywhere between 60 & 80 dollars.Guess it'd be a good idea to start getting stuff for it now, that way it doesn't seem like such a huge chunk of cash when the time nears. Not too bad considering some past years. Fairly small considering...course, this doesn't include the food I'll be serving at the party beforehand, but that shouldn't be too much as kids don't usually go through that much food anyhow. My only question left is...what on earth do we consider for a gift?? Last year he got a Wii, how on earth do we do something as special? I guess it's a good thing I have time to ponder...

3 thoughtful remarks:

Amarie said...

Smart thinking, to start early. As much fun as the kids have, I DREAD birthday party planning.

Kitten said...

My mother always bought the Wilton Cake Decorating Kits whenever my sister and I had birthdays. They're still sitting in the basement of my parents' house. My favorite was the Strawberry Shortcake cake I had one year.

And then there were the Barbie cakes my grandmother used to make...somehow she'd bake the "skirt", then insert a Barbie doll into the cake, so Barbie looked as if she wore this nice full skirt.

I'm getting a lump in my throat just thinking about this!

LarryG said...

aren't kids amazing !
a 7 yo! wow! that is cool - I know he will be thrilled with a Mario party!

Have y'all got the Super Mario Bash Brothers Brawl?

Have fun!