BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 27, 2009

Friends Award


*gasp* they do exist!
(picture the M&M's Christmas commercial....*snicker*)
Kitten @ The Bookkitten has nominated me for this fabulous Friends award! Yay! Now I do need to mention that even though I did notice she had gotten it, I somehow managed to let it slip my mind, and I didn't congratulate her on getting it to begin with (not very friend-like of me), so WTG! lol
Sorry it was so long in the posting, but it takes time to think these things through, ya know?

Here's what this award is all about:

These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.

1. Carina - I found her blog-hopping a while back, and had forgotten about her site until she popped up in a respond comment on my site. That's when I perked up a bit and started heading over there regularly. It's good to have a girly friend who isn't submerged in Motherhood, it's a nice reminder to pay attention to who I am and what I want, as a woman, not a mother or wife.

2. Janet - She broke my meme cherry ;oD (Oh so crude, I know) LOL I happened onto her blog from a surfing the photos on Vox, and when I visited her Vox blog I noticed a link to her main blog. I loved layout, and as I kept reading I becamse addicted to What Is It Wednesday, and Friday Fill-Ins. She takes some really great photos of everyday things that I don't even think of looking at twice. A new perspective is always nice to see.

3. 4streegrrl - I hopped over there one day because I say her name on Friday Fill_ins, and once i seen she was from my home province, well, it just kept drawing me back. I admire her athleticism (read:she can make it to the gym), I also appreciate that though we have some of the same views on things, it's ok to not go to any degree that I'm not comfortable with. I've met plenty of people who think like I do over the years, but take it so seriously that I won't ever meet up to their criteria, leaving me wondering why.

4. Chester Field - I hopped over there on the recommendation of sweetcopswife one day, and was hooked from the get go. He does some fantastic writing, of which I'm envious. I have no imagination what-so-ever when it comes to erotica, and lack any ability to be creative with it at all. He's given me an insight into the horn-dogs that are men (though not all of them) :oD

5. Diamond - it's always nice view other perspectives on parenting, marriage, and work. There really aren't a whole lot of sites that I visit just because of the parenting, each one I go to contains a certain amount of the person who's responsible for writing it, and a certain amount about being a parent. I really admire the balance, and that's why I go there.

6. Billy Rhythym - I started reading here because the name caught my eye. I love his kids, they're absolutely adorable. He also shows a great perspective of marriage from a mans point of view, and it's damned near poetic. I really admire the balance of family, work, leisure, and faith that he has integrated in his life.

That's where I'm going to cut my list short. I have to admit I admire all of those who frequent my blog, that's why I'm always there! I comment as much as I possibly can, and I really appreciate those of you who pop on over every once and a while as well. So, if I missed you, please take this one home with you tonight :o)

7 thoughtful remarks:

Hepburn Hilton said...

Hi! Thank you so much for the kind words and for the award! Made my day :o)

Kitten said...

Awwww...Amber, you're a sweetie! Thanks for the kind words. :)

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Congrats on the award. Well deserved if you ask me. (Although I know that you didn't...)

Amarie said...

Congrats! :-D

My expressions LIVE said...

Thanks luv muffin...lol...ok first thanks for the reconition, I am flatterd....very flattered! To set the record straight, I am not a horn dog, I am highly attracted to women.....xoxoxo Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Cool award!
Friends are priceless.

Janet said...

Thanks for the Friend Award and for the lovely things you said about me :-) Right back atcha, my friend!