BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Look What I Got!


Diamond @ My Pretty Pink Blogette, and Aimie @ My Favorite Munchkins saw fit to bestow me this amazing award. I feel very honored, and special, and all warm and gooey inside. Thanks ladies, I needed a pick me up!

1) Admit that ONE thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are NO LONGER allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!

2)To remind yourself that you ARE a good mom, list SEVEN things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself of EVERY DAY that you rock!
3)Send this to FIVE other Moms of the Year that deserve forgiveness and a reminder that they, too, are the best moms they can be!!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you've selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you!"

1. I despise having to explain to my kids our rules about being generous (donating things that we're lucky to have), different (we don't let our kids drink pop etc), and sometimes being the odd members out (it's always been a difficult road to manage friends for us & the kids). I've always felt guilty that D didn't have more playmates around, or over as often as you see in sitcoms & the like. I've felt even worse about the fact that most of his friends, are our adult friends and he's perfectly content with that...

The 7 things I love most about my kids are:
1. I love that Darius always rushes to make someone feel better when they are feeling bad, and that he's the first to apologize in any accidental situation.
2. I love that I can get multiple hugs & smoochies from my boys whenever I request them, and that they offer them to me when I'm not feeling 100%
3. I love that my boys use their manners in public (most of the time).
4. I'm very proud that D has taken an interest in Ice Skating, it's a requirement to consider yourself Canadian.
5. I'm very proud that I'm raising a reader, and fostering an amazing imagination that can make me giggle at the worst of times.
6. I love that my children are opening doors to get closer to my parents, and in-laws, and any other relatives who have kids.
7. I makes my life worthwhile knowing that my children love me unconditionally.

The five lucky moms to recieve this award from me are:
1. Deb @ Through Thick N Thin - you know you've earned it!
2. Berleen @ A Straight Jacket & A Padded Room - cause you're doing a pretty good job surviving your demons so far, a little boost would help you along nicely ;o)
3. Ragtop Day - cause she's an amazing parent with terrific ideas
4. only a movie - cause you know she works hard
5. Jack @ slightly off-center - her kids made it to their teens (and adulthood!), you know she's doing something right.

4 thoughtful remarks:

Ragtop Day said...

Wow, thank you!!
I love the questions too - so apropos because I have a draft post written that if you had seen, you'd know how much I need to answer #2! Hmmm, maybe you DID see it! :)

I will definitely accept, and pass this along, in very-soon-in-the-future post. Again, THANK YOU!

Debbie said...

aw thank you! I feel honored! I'll work on this and pass it along tomorrow.

My expressions LIVE said...

OK....I am feeling left out here...lol...Dads what about Dads? Congrats on the award!xoxoxox

Jack said...

For me?! Thank you so much. I'll be displaying this award asap :)