BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 23, 2009

The Strangest Thing...

Yesterday my MIL & other family members tried their hardest to alleviate my Cabin Fever & frustration, which was very nice. I managed a quick trip to the hardware store (which was useless cause they didn't have the part I was looking for, which confused me because they sold the original big contraption to me), and a stop in at the Ice Cream shop. My first time in a Coldstone...yum. I've had it before (the Mr stops by and buys some for me sometimes), but have never actually been inside one. It was yummy.
Later in the evening, I discovered a red splotch on my arm, and didn't really think anything of it (other than to note it) because I had been snuggling with a snoozing H on my lap.
This morning I woke up, woke up D, and hopped into the shower while he got himself ready. I crawled out, and while drying off, I notice this...on my legs.
So, I kinda started freaking out. I came downstairs, where it was nice a bright (I have my bedroom and the boys' bedroom blacked out so we can sleep better), and saw it went all the way down to my feet. I had no trouble breathing, and it wasn't itchy, so WTF?!?!
Well, a calmly placed phone call (I made the Mr do it cause I was having a tough time keeping calm) to the MIL brought her over ASAP so she could watch H while the Mr took me to the Dr. Obviously, it was an allergic reaction to something, but I have no clue what it was. I had filled a prescrip from my last visit (Thurs, I believe) from them, but I'm the type who fills them out in case I need them, and usually end up leaving them on the shelf. No new foods, no new detergents, the only new thing in the house that I could think of, was our new Range Hood, and the clothing we bought from Goodwill yesterday. Frack. So, I filled the prescrip, and took my first round, then took H for his nap. BIG mistake. Weird F*in dreams man, I won't be doing that again.
Apparently, it'll get rid of the rash after x amount of days, but I won't have any clue what gave me the damned rash to begin with. Oh Well, at least I know I'm not going to die.
Did I mention I'm as sore as if I ran a marathon?! It's crazy!! My knees, hips, joints, arms and forearms are all achy, and I feel just plain tired. Talk about yuck. I hope it passes quickly.

8 thoughtful remarks:

Berleen said...

When you got down to the sore joints one word came to mind. Have you, or anyone in your family, had psoriasis? A bad outbreak will look like that and cause the joint pain. I had an outbreak like that about 5 years ago... it's identical looking!

Hepburn Hilton said...

Looks itchy!!
Hope you feel better soon.

My expressions LIVE said...

Well it could have been the ice cream! Were there nuts in it? Maybe how it was made or a certain ingrediant. Just a thought.

cheatymoon said...

My first thought was the ice cream. Do you have benadryl on hand in case you *do* get itchy? Yikes! We have lots of allergic reactions around here, so I get freaked...

Good luck!

skywind said...

You may be an allergy. What to eat anything or used it?

http://eyesinkaleidoscope.blogspot.com/
http://fymtyh.blogspot.com/

Janet said...

could it have been a tick bite?

Amber said...

No idea what it was so far, of course the Dr went with the most common Allergens. I did a bit of research on the psoriasis and a few other things, and it could be any of them, really. All I know is that I will be more careful in the future with my handling of re-heated foods, and the Ice Cram from Coldstone. I am, after all, lactose intolerant, and though I don't think a huge reaction like this is common, I certainly don't want to have to go through prescriptions each time to rid myself of it.

Nietha said...

oh wow. at least it's not itchy. hope it clears up soon =(