BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday Fill-Ins #113

ffi

1. I'm not filipino, I'm not Spanish or Mexican, I am Native American, Aboriginal, an American Indian, and a beautiful one at that.

2. Why do I have two boys and not one boy and one girl?. Now I'm going to be forced to try for another girl ;oD

3. How does this Immigration thing work, anyway?

4. Every morning, I put toothpaste on my toothbrush and brush my teeth.

5. I consider myself lucky because not everyone has as much time to volunteer as I do, and make a difference in the world.

6. One day we’ll see a greater number of people who care what they're doing to the globe as a whole, and then it'll be really fun to watch them work together to do something about it.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to Our Whole Lives, tomorrow my plans include possibly getting together with my committee to do some Raffle Prize Bundling and Sunday, I want to make it a new habit to hit the service at the church (this'll be week 3)!

11 thoughtful remarks:

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

TRying for a girl did work for Octomom! ;)

Hepburn Hilton said...

Number 113!! That is crazy ... :)

Madeleine said...

Hi Amber, thank-you for visiting my blog.

# 1 Well said!
#2 Careful I have 2 boys, * years later I tryed for that girl, first words I heard from a nurse was 'It's a boy'!!!I love all 3.

Have a wonderful week-end

Janet said...

You are beautiful :-)

Jaden Paige said...

I love your answer to #1! And I hope we get to #6 as soon as possible... Have a great weekend!

Bretthead said...

Hey, this is like Mad Libs. Cool! Have a great weekend!!

Diana_CT said...

Maybe with Obama as President the immigration rules will become easier.

Jack said...

To #1... yes indeed you are!

Have a fun weekend Amber :)

4streegrrl said...

A friend of mine spent *years* trying to get landed immigrant status in Canada, despite being married to a Canuck, and it was a huge headache for her (although it DID finally come through). I think immigration is a gong show no matter what country you're in.

Be proud of your heritage. :) What is your aboriginal (or First Nations) background?

I get questions about my background quite often because I have quite a dark complexion. My "known" background is English/Scottish, but for some reason little old Greek and Portuguese ladies *love* to claim me as their own. *lol* My dad's side of the family is quite dark and they do look mediterranean, particularly Spanish or Portuguese. I like to believe that I had a mysterious male relative from Spain come to England in the 1500's and marry I nice English girl, and that is where my genes come from. And who knows... if I ever get around to doing my family history, it could be true! :)

I'm working on my Friday Fill-in list right now, procrastinating on my work again.

Hepburn Hilton said...

Hey Amber! Sorry to bug you about this, but I need the theme on "this is...". If you don't want to play hostess this week, just let me know :) No problem. It really could be anything!

Kitten said...

I loved your answer for #1.