BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Jump For Heart & Our Whole Lives


Well here we are, smack dab in the middle of the week.
I'm taking my prescriptions, and am watching my rash disappear slowly It left my arms first, but my legs, boy, the rash was so bad that it hardly left any place untouched, so I suspect it may take until the full round of drugs are over. Bummer.
I was still pretty sore yesterday. Usually I have a splurge of about 2-3 posts per day about random things floating through my head, but I've been rather tired, groggy, and just plain worn out with all of this rash business. I'm hating living in a 3 story home right now, the stairs are just killing me!
My Mr was kinda enough to help me do some phone updating with my cell this morning, as he was trying to re-activate his because the Blackberries are just too much for a monthly cost when we're trying to save, he switched back to the prepaid like mine. I now have unlimited texts to other Verizon members, which is nice. I don't always text, but I'd use the phone more if I did. Really I only use it to phone my MIL & Home, if I happen to be out, so texting would be more beneficial.
I visited the school yesterday to do my regular morning reading, and then visited D for lunch. I also decided to go back about an hour later to snap a few shots of the kids because they were doing their "Jump For Heart" Day in gym class. Oh my, what a colorful group of characters they all prove to be in gym class...made for a bunch of terrific photos.
Now, out of all the events I've photographed at the school, I've chosen my top ten (or as close as I can get to) pictures out of each set, and have been passing them on to the lady who's in Charge of the Yearbook. Apparently she's a photographer and is actually doing the entire thing herself. She's working on the layout, she's working with the Company who builds them, and she's responsible for getting each and every one perfect. I'm just glad I can help her out here, but I've had to've sent her in the 200-region of pictures. I felt bad that I was sending so many, but she did respond and say thanks you, so I just kept sending them. The only thing she couldn't do for the yearbook stuff, was come out and take pictures herself. I'm happy to help out, as we all know by now, in any way I can.
I started a new program through our Church on Friday eve called Our Whole Lives. I'm happy to be in it, as I want the best for my boys, and I find it easiest to inform myself as much as possible on every subject I'm passionate about. While Friday night was their first meeting and parent orientation, I also had an opportunity to check out a small bit of their library associated with the program that was available through the regular Church library. I got this book called "No More Secrets for Me" by Oralee Wachter, and was floored by the depth of the book. It's not that it wasn't child appropriate, but it really just hits so close to home for me that I had a hard time reading it aloud to D without suffering some horrible side effects. Dry mouth, heart pounding, quickened pulse, fear, and I'm sure I paled a few colors. My heart almost broke with how much I wanted to reach out to my child and let him know that I just don't want what happened to me, to happen to him. In any event, we made it through the book, and did our discussion of what it means to own your body, and how to protect it. God my boy makes me proud. I wonder if I'm not pushing the subject too much. Oh well, I guess all will come out eventually. In any event, I'm really looking forward to both my Mr and I attending (albiet alternately) this course that teaches age appropriate ways to talk to your children about sexuality, their bodies, and how to make responsible decisions based on these topics.
Anyways, I need to get on with my day, I've got another couple of posts in the works that I'll toss up later, but for now, this is enough off my mind to let me move about my day :o)

1 thoughtful remarks:

Kitten said...

I need to explore the OWL curriculum at my church. We currently teach it to the kids who are "of age", so to speak, but I think it's great that you're being so proactive with your boys.

Your pride for your family has really shown in your latest writings. :)