BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Phews & Awww's

"Taking care of business every day
Taking care of business every way"
BTO - Taking Care Of Business

I'm tired, what a day. Woke up later than usual and had to rush to get D ready for school. Got him and H dressed and fed, then off to school to come back and do a few quick things online before getting ready for the lunch I promised to spend with D. I was so drowsy I couldn't keep my eyes open (still having a real tough time sleeping) so closed them for about 45 min's while my Mr watched H and got my lunch ready. Woke up, grabbed my lunch bag and headed to school to dine with D and his class. What a funny and creative bunch they are! Such a joy being around that many kids, they all have something nice to say, or something to give me whenever I go in. We ate lunch together, and I booked it outta there to crack the whip on my Mr. Got him ready and headed out the door with H in tow. We managed to hit a grand total of 26 places for requesting donations before we had to head back to the school to pick up D.

"When first we met
I knew in this heart of mine
That you were someone I couldn't forget."
Alison Krauss - Baby, Now That I've Found You

We had a small respite at home where we snacked, and did our own thing for about an hour, before Mr headed back out to businesses, and I cracked down on a few things that needed to be done online and got stuff ready for Cub Scouts. While online (waiting for a file to load) I read my mummie's blog and was highly saddened to see that her s/o's brother is in the hospital and is not expected to be realeased because he's dying. I feel horrible because if someone close to me were dying, I'd want all those I cared about most around me...and I can't be there for him.

"Oh what mercy sadness brings
If God be willing"
Sheryl Crow - Redemption Day

Got us all loaded up as soon as Mr arrived home, and off to Cub Scouts as we were having a Scrapbooking Session with them where they got to decorate their own scrapbook. For some reason I took responsibility to run it. Came home, and got back online to finish my business of emailing the Yearbook creator all the best pictures from Oct to now that I have from the school. She originally asked for the best 10...I sent her about 50. I think that's cutting it down immensely considering each set is well over 100, and the rest count up to 300, and there are about 5 sets to choose from. I'm rather proud of myself for getting it down that low.

Got a quick minute in here and there to catch up on reading, but not a whole lot. Hopefully that'll change soon, though I really don't see that as likely as after this week's PTO obligations are through then I'm going on to some sewing projects (Ugh) that have a deadline on them as well.
I would give a million dollars (If I had it of course) if I could sleep for 24 hours straight...uninterrupted glorious sleep.
I'm going to bed now...

1 thoughtful remarks:

Jaynie said...

I am tired just from reading your post. Hope the weekend is a bit slower for you.