BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 19, 2009

Cooling Off & Water Advisory

Am busy trying to blow off steam today and keep my cool...surfing the blogs that my aunt has emailed the link's to, I found these amazing and creative ideas that Imust try sometime in the near future...
All of them were linked on Craftzine.com
The first was the Plastic Bag collection, where they take various plastic shopping bags and re-use them in creative ways, including fusing them together to make a stronger plastic to make into something else, and knitting/crocheting it together. I was drooling over all of the designs and immediately started planning some designs of my own to try someday.
The second include a Lightning Bolt Sweater/dress. I've always been a stickler for whining when I throw sweaters out (or, rather, donating them) because I KNOW there's a craft in there waiting to happen, I just hadn't found it yet...I'm dying now to give this idea a try!!
Found out that our city is under a Boil Water Advisory, and we can't drink our water now. Bah, that means we'll hafta buy some...but I'm actually boiling some now. Gonna set it aside for cooking with this eve, and hope I make enough. Consequently though, Mr doesn't need to go to work cause they're closing his store for it. I wonder if that means we'll be sledding today?

3 thoughtful remarks:

Jack said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jack said...

My daughter re-invents clothes from old clothes all the time... I don't know how but they always turn out amazing. Maybe I'll make a post about it.

Loved the plastic bag re-mix!

Hope your week gets better as it goes Amber :)

Janet said...

what a COOL idea for a dress!!!