BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 23, 2009

Honest Scrap Tag

Kitten over @ The Bookkitten tagged me for this one. I'm happy to play along, and I'll also be finishing the other tags I've gotten tonight to get them posted and finished cause I seem to be taking forever with them.

This is an easy one--all you have to do is list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep! Then tag 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap Award. Here we go!!!!

10. I have a tendency to be too honest for my own good. If you ever want a straight-forward opinion that might be so honest, it stings, ask me. I believe in being honest over covering something up to help someone.

9. When I move back to Canada I expect to be having another child. There are no if's, and's, or but's about it. I want a girl, and this is my last chance, cause I'm not having 9 just to get 1 girl. I've always wanted a big family though, ever since I can remember...cause that's what I'm a part of, I can't imagine being alone without it.

8. I have a tough time saying "I'm sorry". It's not admitting I was wrong, I have no trouble doing that, but most times I actually don't feel sorry...which is rather childish (skip back to the honesty part).

7. I'm a party guru. I love hosting parties, I love throwing them for my kids, or my family. Most times the ppl I invite don't show up, and it's all for naught, but I love throwing them anyways. I can't really recall the parties from my childhood (mainly because I have a bad memory), so I'm trying my hardest to make these one memorable for the kids, even if it means I have to start saving right after Christmas to do it...you're only whatever age once, right? I believe it shows them just how much they mean to me, that I put all the effort I put into said event. That might not be the way they remember it, or it might not be viewed that way from other parents (I've been called an over-achiever), but I could care less, it's what it means to me, and how I will explain it to them someday.

6. I am a sexual abuse survivor. Though I recall living most of my childhood being afraid to be alone in my house with the abuser, and fearing my grandmother's house because of the ppl she invited into it, I still got through it alive. My mother and I have yet to talk about it seriously, but I don't think there's a reason to, because what's done is done, and I can't think of anything I need to hear her say regarding it. Our lives have gotten better in the aftermath, and that's all that matters.

5. Because of said events in #6, the first thing I think of when I meet a person face to face is picturing myself having sex with them. Gross, I know, I've ended up with some pretty horrible visuals. If you ever meet me and I'm blushing, you'll know why. It never goes farther than that though, it's the one time, and that's it...thankfully.

4. I taught myself how to cook. I started fairly young, but I'm a pretty decent cook now, and I don't mind cooking for larger crowds, I prefer it over small.

3. I love road-tripping. I've been across Canada (from BC to NS) twice, and across the states too many times to count, though it's always been back and forth to the same places. I'm ready for a new route cause I'm thinking there's gotta be more to this continent than what I'm seeing.

2. I'm a great driver. I've been driving for 11 years now, and I don't have a single ticket, though I've been pulled over about 4 times, I've only gotten warnings. I rub that in my Mr's face...yet another childish trait.

1. I brush my teeth in the shower. I don't get much time to do personal care, so I prefer to do it all in one shebang.

Hmmm...so, now you know a few more things about me, I hope you got a chuckle from it someplace along the way, cause I sure got a giggle while I was writing it.

I'm tagging:

Lois @ No Sympathy For The Devil : she claimed in a recent post that she can't write a non-suggestive profile, so I'm curious as to what she'd reveal for this list...should be fun.

Diamond @ My Pretty Pink Blogette : She's got a great family with some beautiful children. I'd love to know a few thigns about how she runs her busy life and balances it all!

LarryG @ Yesterday, Today, and Forever : He writes some beaitful poetry, and I have to admit I don't know a whole lot about him. Not that I need to, he's a blogger friend!

4streegrrl @ i pity the rhino : She has fantastic recipes for vegan versions of popular yummy non-vegan dishes. She comes from my home province, and has a lot of the same values. I'm curious to find out more about her.

Sue @ Coffee Slut : One of the first ppl I've ever tagged after joining the meme circut. Always fun to learn more about her family and pets.

Beccagirl @ BeccA's Buzz : The leader of Give Me 5 Mondays, she's got a fun blog to read. Though she's taking a break from the GM5M meme, she's still kickin round the blogosphere, so it can't hurt to learn more about someone who's creative enough to start their own Meme.

Berleen @ A Straight Jacket & A Padded Room : Terrific sense of humor, always makes me giggle, frequently the cause of strange looks from my Mr.

And there you have it :o)

2 thoughtful remarks:

Kitten said...

Wow...that was a great tag! I really appreciate your honesty...especially about surviving sexual abuse! You're such a strong woman, Amber!

Hekter81 said...

5#...lol,i've never heard a girl say that before.And i think i might start brushing my teeth in the shower,might let me go to sleep a little earlier.