BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

This Is: The Strangest Dream I've Ever Had

Nory is hosting this weeks, This Is. She's chosen the theme This Is: The Strangest Dream I've Ever Had.
Now, usually I remember my dreams, but in the midst of the daily grind, it's been a while since I've had a weird one. I can't recall just one dream that was my strangest, as they seem to come during times of big change.
When I was pregnant I dreamed I gave birth to a baby girl in a toilet in the middle of a giant warehouse...the stall had no walls or a door, it was just a toilet in the middle of this room. When I finally had her and I came out of the stall, everything was post apocalyptic and we were struggling to survive with one another.
When I was younger I had a recurring dream where I was a ghost, and to bring me back to life my mother sent me to a laundry mat to be murdered by a man with a knife. Each and every time I had it I woke up with the feeling of the knife in my body. Sometimes I was able to fight him off, sometimes I wasn't.
When I was married to my first husband, I dreamed I walked in on him having intercourse with my mother. I woke up, rolled over and punched his arm, called him a bastard, and went back to sleep. I was angry with him for an entire week because of that dream.
Recently, I had a dream I was walking in this beautiful home. It was haunted. I refused to enter this specific room because it frightened me. Out of no where my children were there and I was forced to bring them to this room (you know dreams have no laws) and try to make them enter even though I was afraid of it myself. The demons that were inhabiting it came flying at us, and I threw myself over the kids to protect them. I remember screaming "The power of love compels you" to try and rid us of said demons. (ROTFL, OMG, too much Exorcist for me) I woke up because the Mr said I was mumbling in my sleep and I woke him up.
There hasn't been one dream that I can recall as my strangest, but these definitely hit close to the mark on my account. How about you?

5 thoughtful remarks:

My expressions LIVE said...

Hmm no dreaming about me....awwww...lol....xoxoxox

the girl in stiletto said...

i hardly remember the content of my dreams unless they're about my crush at that time lol.

Billy Rhythm said...

I'm known to have lots of crazy dreams. There was one about me, a Buddhist monk, and something called "Peener in the Furnace." That was probably my strangest.

Hepburn Hilton said...

You dream like I do! Without rules and sometimes scary as hell. Impossible to make sense of in the morning. lol

Janet said...

I dreamt last night that my boss and the head of IT were monitoring my internet usage at work *shudder* now that's scary!~