BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Not Much To Ask & Another Birthmark

Starting this Wednesday off with a picture of my tattoo, since you asked :o)
Been experimenting in my photos with texture, as it had never really occurred to me before to try anything other than bare skin in my photo therapy. Of course, my main goal is to love my body, and I guess I could love it in something, as well as bare. It's an interesting idea, and I guess one that will help me come to love my biggest birthmark. Now, I have loads of birthmarks, & freckles, all over my body. I have a few visible to myself, and a few that I've honestly never noticed. 27 years and I haven't noticed that birthmark before...LOL It's kind of funny actually, and I giggle when I see myself examining something I've not seen before on my body. How goofy of me!
Anyhow, I'm starting small because doing a photo-series on the big one will be a bit of a challenge for me to document, and still remain modest. I know, you're thinking, amber, you're really not that modest. I am, though. I'm not actually showing any parts that wouldn't be covered by a bathing suit. I'm just showing you everything else in a creative way. As I've told myself each and every time I'm taking these photos, I'm not doing it for sexual purposes. I'm doing it because I want to love my body. I don't just want to stare in a mirror and discover someday that I love my body. I want to document that love growing. I want to know that there are parts of me that I see that I think are attractive. I want other people see that of me as well. You know, some people leave the house feeling like a million bucks when they wear a great outfit...I want to feel that way about my body all the time. It's not much too ask, really.

2 thoughtful remarks:

My expressions LIVE said...

I think you already know that I feel your look astonishing. You have an amazing body! I love your legs, they look awsome. The scarf...wow..over the edge..;)

the girl in stiletto said...

those photos are amazing esp the last one with the scarf. very creative. i hope you wont need a long time to love your body because i think it looks pretty amazing. i wished i had enough courage to actually take photos of my own body LOL. maybe i should give it a try one day :)