BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 30, 2009

Potty Training Round 2

Yup, we first attempted potty training two weeks ago, just before I got sick. Unfortunately, with me being the chief determined person, it kinda got put on the back burner with that yucky cold, and with my busy week.
Now, we haven't got anything overtly scheduled, outside of our regular weekly extra-curricular plans, so here I am. This is round two, and we've had numerous accidents today. Despite my efforts to toss him onto the potty, H seems a bit reluctant to actually tell me when he needs to go. That's ok, he'll get the hint eventually. For now though, we're going to be home-bound until he gets the idea.
I've never really been one to believe in Pull-Ups, because to me they're just a bigger diaper, and they can't really teach him too much. Never mind the fact that they aren't all that eco-friendly. We've taken to bringing books with us to the potty, and I'm on an hour schedule. Every hour on the dot I toss him up there (unless we're guzzling water, then it's every 30 minutes), and we read a book together. Makes for a long day, and a bit of laundry, but that's ok.
I'm a determined kind of gal, and I figure if I keep myself consistent enough, he'll get the idea and the winds of change will blow through our home.

4 thoughtful remarks:

cheatymoon said...

Good luck. I miss those days, sadly.

:-)

Jack said...

Amber I have the perfect Mommy for you to chat with...WackyMommy just finished up with the potty training with her little guy.

Jack said...

Sorry, I don't think that link works...http://wackymummy.blogspot.com/

koreen (aka: winn) said...

Thanks for checking out my blog. I sent you an email. I hope your training goes well. Poor guy looks so tired! And poor mommy! Too much laundry! LOL Good luck, guys. =)