BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Props to...

I watched Nights in Rodanthe last night. The Mr went to the movie store a couple of nights ago, and I asked him to pick me up a chick flick. This is what he brought home for me. We popped it in last night after I had taken some Tylenol and was able to concentrate on something. It was Epically cheesy, and totally predictable. It literally had me covering my eyes and chuckling out loud at just how epic it was aiming to be. I did enjoy it though, all judging aside.
When Mr filed his taxes, I started browsing online to see what I could get him to buy me for a small treat with the return. I came across Acne.org while doing a search for Acne medications. I had wanted to try Proactiv, but it was so well endorsed I couldn't see myself using it without giggling at how cheesy I was being every day. So, Acne.org it was. They make kits, give a video tutorial (the maker actually uses his own products), use recycled bottles, and aimed to use less shipping material. It's a very easy and straightforward site that makes it crystal clear what you should be buying. So, I made him order when he got his return, and anxiously awaited my package. When it arrived I was excited to start using it, and could hardly contain myself. It's been just over two weeks since I received my product, and I'm happy to report wonderful results.
I chose to start using this product because I was tired. I've had this blemish on my chin since the beginning of January. That's not normal...for a blemish to last more then two months. I was sick of looking at it, and sick of both my face, and portions of my body, breaking out. Now, if you're a frequent reader, you'll know that I use two shampoos. I'm an oily kinda gal. My body produces tons of it. That's the trade off for looking younger, longer.
I love the results I'm seeing now. The product cleared up a whole lot of my problem areas, and though it hasn't taken it away completely (probably because I'm still only doing one treatment and not the recommended two), I'm amazed at what it has done. My forehead, once a disgusting field of bumps and craters (though they were never really actually pimples or zits) has cleared up, and I can no longer find a mass of bumps on it. It's smooth. It hasn't been smooth since I was a kid. I actually thought they were scars of some sort. My cheeks, which sport a hint of Rosecea (runs in my family) calmed down immediately. The redness was reduced (and nearly disappeared completely), my pores were less visible, and any blemishes I had disappeared within about 3-4 days. The one time I've had a pimple bust out on my face, it disappeared within 2 days of first appearing. Ah-mazing. Just take a look at the header on my blog here, you can see what I'm talking about. I'll get around to posting an after picture soon, but seeing as I'm still sick I wouldn't want to take one now as I still look like hell.
I guess you could say that this is a big review of the product, but there are a lot of factors to consider here. I've never really made it a habit to buy an entire line of products that are supposed to go together, I used to just buy this and that and piece them together. There were a few sets that I went through, but they never worked, so I preferred making my own. Nothing, and I do mean nothing, has worked to help clear up both my facial, and body Acne. I had given up and thought I'd just need to live with it the rest of my life. Go see a Dermatologist? Not on our income.
I'm now devoted to paying around $39.00 (with shipping) for this product each time I order a new kit that'll last me about a month and a half. I can handle that. Fair trade-off. Some folks spend more than that on clothing, or shoes, or whatever for themselves each month. Yes, I'm justifying myself here.
So, in short, I've become a follower of this set of products, and am thoroughly happy with the outcome. It's a happy ending...who doesn't love those?

4 thoughtful remarks:

Andhari said...

I get pimples especially when I'm stressed. facial really hurts, I hope there's a product like that over here too that could help it. ;P

My expressions LIVE said...

I understand what you mean about blemishes, my facial hair grows in fast and thick, usually causing blemishis. I need something too...may have to try it....especially my girl is recomending it...xoxoxo

Hepburn Hilton said...

That's amazing!
Blemishes are no fun. I am blessed with pretty good skin, but get some spots on my shoulders sometime.. it's very annoying and not sexy at all! Maybe, I should give this product a try! I have been thinking about proactive to... At least I know they ship to Norway.

cheatymoon said...

I've been using just the treatment stuff for a couple of years for rosacea and love it. I buy the big bottle and it lasts at least 6 mos for using it 2x per day. I use Cetaphil for cleanser and whatever moisturizer I like. It really works well and lasts a very long time, so not as expensive as you'd think. I'm glad you like it - it's not well known (they don't advertise, hence the cheap price) - and I know how you feel about finding a solution. :-D