BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

End of Year Thoughts

"If you wanna live your life,
Live it all the way and don't you waste it"
Jennifer Lopez - Let's Get Loud

Reflections for the past year, as is custom during the close of the last 12 months.
Things I really am proud of:

I taught D how to read

I home-schooled D for the 6 months of school left of this year, and successfully brought him to the proper grade standards by the time he hit public school.

I got my kids walking this summer!

I learned how to make Deviled Eggs

I made my first Jello Shots

I got a blog following!

I learned some easy tips to take better photos

I grew to be comfortable in front of a camera through self-timers

I grew closer to my MIL through the small trials that we face everyday, and learned to lean on her as much as I do my own Mother

I properly balanced my food budget and filled my cupboards each month with healthful food that my children and husband enjoyed

I dreamed of what I'd like to do if I ever got the choice to further my education

I kept in touch with my family and friends regularly and helped myself through some terrible home-sickness by sending out a monthly letter with a family update and an occasional picture and artwork

"Just steal your destiny
Right from the hands of fate
Reach fro the cup of life
Cause your name is on it"
Ricky Martin - The Cup Of Life

Things I Could Have Done Better:
I really wish I had knocked off that weight that I gained when I moved to Ohio

I hated sifting through H's diapers looking for that damned penny I thought I saw him swallow

I really wish I had sucked it up a bit more and cracked down on D's writing

I would've loved to actually do Hospice Volunteering after going through that 30 hour course

I would've loved to volunteer at the Library since I signed up and got my name badge

I would've tried harder to explore more with the boys, and walked more than we did

Shown appreciation to my Mr for supporting us here (there's always room for improvement)

I wish I would've worked on the transition and weaning thing before now, cause the longer you wait the harder it is

'You're really sweet, Mmm, you're really nice
Didn't Mama ever tell you not to play with fire?"
Madison Avenue - Don't Call Me Baby

3 thoughtful remarks:

LarryG said...

that's a wonderful list Amber!
you Go!
Happy New Year!

Jodi said...

I'm following you now. Weird because I thought I was already?

What a wonderful list you have of things you are proud of.

Don't be hard on yourself for the "things you could have done better". I think the list of what you are proud of outweighs that list.

You should be very proud of yourself Amber!

Happy New Year to you & your family

Jack said...

Wow! you should be so proud of all your accomplishment 1n 2008...Happy New Year!!!All the best in 2009