BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 12, 2008

Parties & Santa

Hmm, it seems like I have one of those Mr.'s...
So, the other day my Mr. found out that the company Christmas Party was for employees only, and not their guests. Given that the party is about an hour away, and it could be a BYOB, and the people (who would most likely be drinking on the way there, or doing the BYOB) he wanted to drive there (we're designated taxi for most folks), I asked him not to go. I worry even if he has one drink and then decides to drive because any DUI would prevent him from re-entering Canada, and would pose a very difficult course of action for us afterwards.
Now, most folks who had planned to go to this party are now choosing not to as they don't have childcare (they were planning on taking them with them), and don't feel like driving the hour to get there for a 2 hour party after a long day of work. Instead, my husband, being the wonderful opportunistic soul that he is, volunteered us to host the party for the other party rejects. (Ok, that's sounding more harsh than I want it to, and I totally don't mean it that way) Anyhow, I'm assuming those folks will be bringing their children and we'll all have a grand time, but you know...if I don't plan something for those kids to do, all hell will break loose. So, now I get to plan a few things to occupy the children, and find something to occupy the parents so that I can ensure they have a good time...nothing big, mind you. Anyhow, I'm planning on just serving snacks, chips, crackers & cheese, and apples. Simple enough, heck, maybe I'll even bake something. I always get so nervous over these things and go way overboard, that now I'm going to attempt to hold myself back and just go simple.
Also...my Mr. has requested that I make him a Santa outfit for the Cub Scout Christmas party. Yay. I can do it, but it adds to the growing list of items I'm putting on the back burner for more pressing priorities. I'm hoping this next week will go a little slower so that I have time to make all of these things.

4 thoughtful remarks:

ShannonW said...

You all are braver than I am! I could not and would not host a party like that :(

Amarie said...

You are going to be one busy lady! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Omg. If Dave "volunteered" us to host a party, I would kick him. LOL

Anonymous said...

Just remember, any children who arrive will have at least one parent with them and to make sure you get to enjoy the party, make sure they know they are responsible for their children!