BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 03, 2008

Weekends...

Well, Monday has arrived, amazing how it does that around the same time each week. Hmm.

"Give it all ya got until you're
put out of your misery"
Aerosmith - Ragdoll

Let's begin with Friday's events, shall we? Friday, being Halloween, I thought we had the entire day planned out. I just keep moving towards that thought that it's just stupid here during holidays cause it's never convenient for any ppl in the USA for anything. I know, I'm generalizing, and I shouldn't cause it's just not nice, but I'm really that angry about the whole silly thing. I went overboard on my decorations, cause it seemed like fun. I bought boatloads of candy, cause I do things like that. I stayed up late multiple nights in a row to finish costumes for 3 wearings each. All for nothing, it seems...my own pleasure.

"Dream on,
Dream until your dreams come true"
Aerosmith - Dream On

We got a total of about 3 ToT-ers, and Darius only went out for about an hour, and ended the night abruptly. Chance actually had to take him to a different neighborhood to go out, and after he dropped him off back at home, Ronnie and I decided to take the boys out around here.
Picture us...walking on the crappiest sidewalks in the state, pushing a stroller (read: Hunter was too cranky to put his costume on), in the dark. Sure, I brought flashlights, but have you ever tried to manuever a flashlight and push a stroller at the same time? It's not as easy as I made it look.
Disappointing, in that we got virtually NO ToT-ers. We didn't go to the Hunted House like we had planned (not that anything we plan is concrete), but stayed home and rented movies instead. Did I mention I also went to sleep fairly early?

"Words are sometimes hard to find
The silence can be so unkind
You always help me find my way"
April wine - Just Between You And Me

I actually did manage to sleep in on Saturday, thanks to that wonderful husband of mine. I rolled outta bed kinda late. The boys all loaded up to go get their hair cut, and it kinda dragged out but it eventually got done. We went to a consignment store to look for some pants for me, but I only ended up walking out with a new pair of shoes (only...lol). I played with the boys for the majority of the day before I decided to get off my butt and do the cleaning I had been neglecting in light of Halloween. I washed my floors, vacuumed, and cleaned the bathrooms. I loaded the dishwasher, and did a load of laundry before my husband called and said he was bringing home company from work after they finished closing.

"The future's uncertain
and the end is always near.
Let it roll, baby roll...
All night long"
The Doors - Roadhouse Blues

Sunday rolled around and I decided that we'd get up early enough to go to church as we needed to return our UNICEF boxes. I rolled us outta bed bright and early, we all showered (no small task) and dressed and ate som breakfast before leaving the house at what we thought was going to be cutting it close. We were just about to turn into the church parking lot, when I realized (after a small glance at my husband's cell phone for time check) that we were an entire hour early. Yes folks, that's right, distracted dumbasses that we were, we forgot to turn our clocks back that hour the night before. So, our tensions that had been building all morning (as they usually do when we need to get out of the house on time) had dissolved themselves in that moment as I burst into laughter at our own stupidity. My husband wasn't still impressed, but the mood lightened considerably. We made the service, and though Hunter didn't stay in the nursery the entire time, it was long enough for me to enjoy some of it.
After services had ended we were coralling our kids when my husband has one of those lightbulb moments. He stopped walking and says "Oh Man, I forgot I told my dad we'd visit him today". (can you hear my groan?) I was already tired from the morning rush, and was ready for some lunch. Apparently he told his father we'd take him out for precisly that. So, we loaded up for the entire day, and headed out. Well, wouldn't ya know it, my poor husband missed his exit off the freeway, and ended up driving us forever out of the way before we finally arrived to pick up his dad.

"In your darkest dreams see to believe
Our destiny is time
And endlessly we'll all be free tonight"
Dragonforce - Through the Fire and Flame

Long story short, by the time all was said and done we were all tired, and the boys and I relaxed in the backseat (yes, I always get bumped to the back of the bus whenever anyone else gets in cause I'm the smallest we got) before making it to the MIL's. Hunter was sleeping by then, and so was I, so I volunteered to stay in the truck and snooze with him until he woke up. I was supposed to do some cleaning but by the time dinner was over with Chance was so tired and the kids so out of control we decided to just come home.

"You walk by, and I fall to pieces"
Patsy Cline - I Fall To Pieces

We arrived and collapsed as one at home and got he boys off to bed. Can you believe Hunter was actually out before 10pm? That never happens, and what is even more rare is he didn't walt up once until 4am, when I finally headed to bed. Yes, I played a combination of Rollercoaster Tycoon and guitar Hero World Tour until 4am...I know, I'm too old to be doing this anymore, really. Anyhow, I woke up and got D off to school, and decided to rake the lawn since it was such a beautiful morning out. Our yard looks much better now, you can actually see that it's defined. Hunter and I came inside (he was outside driving his ride-em into the piles of leaves I kept making) and watched some tv and played together before kicking daddy out of bed and replacing him, stealing his warm spot to zonk for the next 4 hours. Actually, it could have been closer to five, now that I think about it. That was it, my day was ruined, I was officially useless after that.

"What I've felt
What I've known
Never shined through in what I've shown
Never be
Never see
Wont see what might have been"
Metallica - Unforgiven

I guess my weekend had it's changes. I expected to head to the HH, but ended up not, and I expected not to get any sleep, and I did. Sure, I'll take those switch ups. Hope your weekend was as decent as mine.

"Do you want to be different?
Try to let go of the truth"
30 Seconds to Mars - Beautiful Lie

2 thoughtful remarks:

Janet said...

so not all bad, that's good :-)

Buffie said...

You can have some of my trick or treaters. We ran out of candy and I had two plastic pumpkins full plus 4 bags.