BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Rememberance Day & A Plan

I'm sorry to say that I missed out on the ceremony they had today, it's been a while now. I don't actually have anyone in my family who is a Veteran, that I can recall. I think I do remember one or two people had enlisted, but not actually gone? Hmm, sketchy.
My husband's family on the other hand...nearly all the males, save him, have been enlisted and called to active duty. Veterans all of them may be.
ANYhow, we're having Chance's dad over for dinner...and I'm makin the good ole' Spaghetti. I'm hoping I can convince the Mr. to go and get some garlic bread, as I think it would be a wonderful touch to dinner.
SO much to do, so much to do.
I need to start making phone calls to the list of organizations that I've made for donation requests. Since we're working on five months, we're even considering corporations such a Northland Juices, The Oprah Winfrey Show, Dell, Microsoft, and Disneyworld. I'm also going to make a list of a few travel agencies in the local area to approach about a few small trips for donations.
I'm seriously hoping that this will be the biggest year ever for the Parkview Mardi Gras. I've come to understand that the government holds nothing when it comes to field trips and the like for schools, and so it's left up to the PTO's of each school to do the fundraising to have ANY extracurricular activities, assemblies, and field trips. As it is, our PTO is in the red by about 10,000...and as it is, they're looking our way to help boost their budget for the next two years.
Here's to high hopes.
Everyone cross their fingers, and seriously pull for me, cause I'm not gonna stop until the day of actual Mardi Gras come March 27th. Here's hoping my efforts won't be wasted!

0 thoughtful remarks: