BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Random Ramblings

"So you think you're lonely
Well my friend I'm lonely too"
Journey - Lights

And now, more from our sponsor...
Oh man I gotta wonder why on earth I'm doing things so differently. It's funny how subtle these things are. Like taking Mondays off...I generally try not to do any cleaning on Mondays. I get my cleaning done on Sunday, but with a small place it doesn't show. You know, the law of dynamics...the smaller the space the easier it is for something ot look out of place and make it all cluttered. That's my kitchen for you. I just finish the dishes and somehow the sink is piled mile high with them again. How does that happen?

"What's so wrong with being happy?
Kudos to those who see through sickness."
Incubus - Warning

It's snowing today. Coming down good. Woke up late this morning, had to rush to get D off to school. It's always a challenge when things like this happen to keep Mr. nice. He gets real upset (more so lately, something must be bothering him) when people start running late. Oh he got off before he was late, but we like having more time to get ready and not cut it so close.
The Mr. drug us all out lastnight to some Open Modelling casting thingy. Oh glory what a giant waste of my time. What was I thinking? His claim was that it was "for the kids", though I can't imagine why. Why would I want to create more work for myself? Can you imagine? Driving to locations, keeping the kids in check and coaxing the appropriate shots out of them for photographers?? I must be insane for even agreeing to it. Did I mention Mr put in his application as well? I feel like I was tricked here...bet we'll not get into that.
Anyhow, the guy called back asking us to bring D back in because he was interested in him, and that it would cost $150 to build him a portfolio. IN-teresting. I won't voice my comments.

"Oh, moon of alabama
We now must say goodbye"
The Doors - Alabama Song

Gotta head to the library with the little Mr. H today so I can pick up my book on hold, drop off the movies from last time, and pay some late fines. I guess I'll hafta let H play with the trains :o)
Tomorrow is Baby Group day, but I need to check also if they'll be having it or not...

"Streetlight people, living just to find emotion
Hiding, somewhere in the night"
Journey - Don't Stop Believin'

Did I mention I finally finished painting our upstairs bathroom? Yup...it's only been since mid-June that I've been waiting to do it. Yay me! Now I just need to finish hanging the ceiling borders and I'll be all finished in the home reno department.
I need to dig out of decorations, and re-arrange the Halloween decorations cause I know I just threw everything into one bin and it needs to be organized. Blah...better late than never right?

"She put the lime in the coconut, she called the doctor, woke him up,
And said, "Doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take,
I say, Doctor, to relieve this belly ache?"
Harry Nilsson - Put The Lime In The Coconut

3 thoughtful remarks:

LarryG said...

I am amazed that you quoted Nilsson -
He did do a great cover of that song!

this is a cool post. and!

I want to wish you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Amarie said...

I like the song quotes in the intervals. Cool!

Trooper Thorn said...

Dishwashers are for more than cleaning dishes. Thery are also a great storage area. Pots, pans, cups, spoons; everybody in there until daddy feels like running the damn thing.