BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Give Me Five Monday #41


Give me Five Monday's are brought to you by Becca, over at BeccA's Buzz. Come on over and join us!

Give Me Five staples on your grocery list besides milk, bread and eggs.

1. Hershey's Chocolate Syrup...hafta agree with Becca on this one. Both my boys love them some Chocolate milk, but as my youngest is the only one in the family NOT lactose intolerant, we have to buy the syrup instead of the pre-made.

2. Kraft Cheese, once again I have to agree with Becca. We all love cheese, and though we don't usually stray too far from it, we usually go with Mild Cheddar, our other fav's include Co-Jack, or Mozzeralla. Oh yeah, we usually stick to Kraft cause it's the tastiest, I can actually tell the difference between it and off-brand's cause the off-brands are saltier, and more coarse or stiff.

3. Oscar Mayer Turkey Bologna. My boys LOVE this one as a snack, and I don't feel so bad feeding it to them knowing it's a lot lower in sodium, and only has 1 gram of saturated fat. I'm also happy knowing it comes from the meat of only one animal...

4. Oatmeal. We all love this warm cereal, and we only need brown sugar to make it scrumptious. The minute I run out of it they ask for more.

5. Raisins. Of course, a huge fav of kids everywhere. Both my boys will eat these till the cows come home or until they've had too many. If you're a mom you'll understand the too many part. We like to spice it up every once and a while by buying Yogurt Raisins as well.

9 thoughtful remarks:

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Thanks for stopping over at my blog. Your grocery list is interesting. Just like mine with 2 boys... Chocolate syrup on everything!

Anonymous said...

Every list I see...I find things I love too...I would love to have th chocolate syrup in my kitchen...however, i would drink it plain without milk!!!

4streegrrl said...

Thanks for your comment! Kraft cheese makes me think of Kraft Dinner, yum. I never buy it because, well, my husband is Italian and would cringe if I brought boxed mac n' cheese in the house! *lol* I do have it as a treat a couple times a year, though, usually when I'm not feeling too well and I'm too lazy to cook up anything from scratch. ;)

Raisins are great too! Together with a group of friends, we buy a couple cases of fresh raisins (and loads of other dried fruits and nuts) from an organic wholesaler once a year. Which reminds me, that order should be shipped up here pretty soon...

BeccA's Buzz said...

Hey, did you ever notice that Hershey's chocolate syrup is a fat free food?? Of course there's the sugar to be considered but it's nice knowing it's fat free :) I love oatmeal too, but I'm lazy so I would have had to say *instant* oatmeal, maple and brown sugar to be exact. Great list girlfriend!

Phoenix said...

Thanks for stopping by my page, I have really enjoyed your list! :) Since this is my first visit to your blog I want to say what cute boys you have and I love the picture at the top of your blog!!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Love your list! I would eat everything on it. Thanks for stopping by my place. Take Care!!

Sherrie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love Chocolate syrup also, however I have a child that is allergic to chocolate. So no chocolate for me. What a bummer.

LarryG said...

chocolate is wunnerful -
cheese slices and other cheeses

OM Turkey Bologna - yummy

Aren't Oatmeal and Raisins one thingy? :)

Joyce said...

I'm with you on #1, #4 and #5. :)