BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Recap, Yes, I Know, It's Long.

Funny how sometimes things get going so fast it's tough to slow down enough to type a few paragraphs.

"The spotlights hitting something
That's been known to change the weather"
Elton John - Bennie & The Jets

Kind of an interesting week I suppose.
Wednesday we had parent teacher conferences, where we found out that our brilliant genius is trying to avoid doing his schoolwork. No real surprise that she stated she'd like him to work more on his writing skills. So, apparently he's been missing recesses cause he has had to stay in and do his schoolwork. I also noticed that in the past two weeks (where he's been getting almost unmanageable) that he hasn't been playing with people like in the first weeks of school. So we uncovered a theory that maybe there were some issues of him being possibly bullied or some such thing going on beyond the scope of normal class realms.

So, Thursday I packed up a lunch, grabbed my camera and headed to school. I signed in at the office and made my way to the playground where it was seconds before I was swarmed by little people. All of the sudden Darius became the most important person on the playground as they were all interested in what he was doing, because he was doing it with me. I took plenty of pictures of everyone and everything. I noticed a few times that Darius actually needed encouragement to play with me cause he ran away a few times and I couldn't find him (I wonder if he didn't want me there?). In any event, I got him to eat his whole lunch, so I think at the very least I'm going to try and make it over there at least once a week to help him eat his lunch, and make sure there's not any wasted funds there. I really didn't notice him avoiding anyone in general but I did notice how roughly he was playing with one boy in particular, and the awful language on the playground. I actually heard a number of 1st graders using the word "crap".
I got my Halloween decorations down on the last day of nice weather after I picked D up from school (did I mention Halloween was t-shirt weather all night long, amazing!). Had both of the boys outside with me helping me dismantling all the decorations and tossing them into the bin.

"Well it's set way back in the middle of a field,
Just a funky old shack and I gotta get back"
The B-52's - Love Shack

Afterwards Darius had Cub Scouts, which he was whisked off to. Ronnie came over and watched Hunter for me while I moseyed on down and took pictures so I could drop off the popcorn order forms. I found out after a bit of heckling that for Canadian orders that they would place the order and have it shipped to me, then we would be responsible to send it to them on my own. Kinda silly, I wonder why they advertised it as anyone can order it if we were going to be responsible for anything...ANYways, Darius sole about 155 Dollars worth of popcorn, and earned an incentive gift, of which he chose a surprise bag.

"Save your tears and laughter
Because it doesn’t matter what you find"
INXS- Pretty Vegas

The Halloween decorations I took down filled the bin up and to over-flowing, but I haven't quite put everything away nicely, re-folding it all properly and such yet. I'm washing my way through the items that were used as an outdoor display cause a lot of them were crawling with spiders and the like. Once I get that all done I think I'll sort things back into the costume bin, that should help on the amount of space available in my Halloween bin. Anyways, trying to keep those boys off the road is a tricky feat, but it wasn't so bad until they decided to get rowdy and just not listen, and ended up getting both sent inside. Both boys thought it was funny to see mommy climbing the tree to get the decorations that were stapled to upper branches, down. I got a few scrapes, and even suffered a mosquito bite!
After everything Chance went and rented me Get Smart, GREAT movie. I giggled quite a few times. I was impressed that Steve Carrell didn't try to channel Don Adams, but still did a great job portraying his character. I didn't care for the direction the character connection took, as from my memory 99 & 82 were never involved, but what can you do?

"Clowns to the left of me,
Jokers to the right, here I am,
Stuck in the middle with you."
Stealers Wheel - Stuck In The Middle With You

Friday was our Anniversary...seven years, and we're finally starting to see things on the same page, I guess it was only a matter of time. I decided to have us go to Hero House here in town. A little splatter on the wall with an absolutely delicious Philly Steak and Cheese Sub. Amazing, truly. I had to remove all jewelry (I was wearing a lot of rings, yeah, I broke out my bling) and by the end of it I had food caked under my nails and required a thorough hand washing before I could even think of doing anything else. We hopped around town after that looking for a relatively quiet place to discuss our plans on moving. Well, it being a Friday all places that had bars in them were crawling with patrons, and we eventually ended up at a Starbucks. I can actually say I don't think I can recall EVER having anything from Starbucks before, but was impressed with the Cafe Mocha I ordered. We sat and came to the conclusion that we'll be looking at June as our moving date goal. We discussed surrounding options to consider, financial matters, and choices for school and temporary living arrangements. Overall it was a positive experience, as I was expecting an all out war of words.

"I put millions of miles
Under my heels"
Audioslave - I Am The Highway

We also discussed job options and we got chatting about Chance's dream job. He wants to do Outdoor Adventure Tours, and hopes to get his hands on a Hummer to do so. though it's wide, I don't think the mainstream folks who want a backroads tour of the province are interested in going on those super narrow goat trails, I think maybe mainstream backroads are good enough. It's a terrific idea I think, and I fully support him, should he attempt it. I just don't see him lasting in any job where he answers to some schmo who doesn't have himself together or whatever.

"Gotta be green
Gotta be mean
Gotta be everything more"
Mika - Grace Kelly

In all, I'd say it's been a pretty decent week/weekend. I missed church today, I just felt like I'd rather eat an amazing breakfast...horrible, I know. Oh well, I drove Chance to work, and then the boys and I hit the store for the ingredients that I was craving. We came home, I tidied up a bit, and got started on our amazing morning brunch. Pancakes with whipped cream (I cheated and actually bought a container of Cool Whip, I don't even know the last time I did that), and my yummy breakfast dish of scrambled eggs, hashedbrowns, green peppers, onions, and garlic all mixed into one. It was super yummy, and i think D has a secret hatch that he opens only for pancakes cause he polished off a fair few and the last time he asked for more he made the fatal error of asking for a drink which he then guzzled down. Afterwards he had a hard time walking due to sloshing tummy syndrome.

"So now we're flying, we're free
We're free before the thunderstorms
On towards the wilderness
Our Quest carries on"
Dragonforce - Through The Fire And Flames

Hunter put four words together today. He said "Mommy, Help me please". It made me happy. Life is good...let's keep it rollin!

0 thoughtful remarks: