BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thursday Thunks

Welcome to the November 20th version of Thursday Thunks!
Where we make you think a little bit before you blog!


This week we will answer some strange, off the wall questions, thought up by Berleen's daughters demons (ages 12 & 14). Brought to you by Berleen, the color green and the number 147.

1. Do you like potatoes? What kind? Yes, and ANY perogies, french fried, home fried, hashed browns, hash brown patties, mashed, whipped, baked, Champed, soup. Potatoes are my number one, favorite food of all time. If I could eat potatoes every day until the day I die, I'd be a happy camper.

2. If you were dressed up in a fish costume and you went underwater and a shark saw you, what would you do? I'd lure the shark to the fish costume, wriggle out of it, and book it while the shark eats the bait...though I'd have to hope it takes it's time noticing there's no meat cause I'm really not a strong swimmer.

3. Does Jello make you happy? No, I don't particularly care for Jello...unless it's the pudding.

4. If you could have any animal, exotic, extinct or other type, what would it be? A Black Panther

5. Would you fill up a pool with pudding and jump in? Sure, why not...I've heard milk is good for the skin...so long as it was one where I could touch the bottom, can you imagine...death by pudding. Doesn't sound desirable to me.

6. When you are feeling icky with the sickness feeling, what is your first choice for feel-better medicine? I don't take medicines when I'm sick. I prefer to let them run their course. I drink lots of water and tea with honey, and soups. The more I have to go pee, the more bad germs I'm cycling out, and the more room I'm making for healthy ones. I believe that if you take medicines to STOP feeling sick then it will only prolong it because once it wears off you go back to feeling sick again, and I am of the opinion that during the time where you don't feel sick the body stops fighting it as much.

7. Do you count with your fingers or in your head when it comes to mathematical equations? In my head...though I have to admit when no ones looking I wiggle my toes to help me out, that's why I love toes socks LOL

8. Do you have any key chains on your keyring? How many? What kind? I have a couple, just the variety that clubs hand out, like from the grocery store and library. I used to have a bunch of Happy Face ones, but once you get kids it's difficult to keep them from breaking when they play with them. I do use a Lanyard though, it's a Roots Canada one about 5 years old now, I've always found it easier to not hold my keys, the bags, my purse, and a baby at the same time.

9. What do you dunk your french fries in? OH MY GOD I'd give A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G for New York Fries Gravy!! I usually don't dip, I'm a salt addict, so long as I have salt for my fries all is well.

10. When I say "Moo I'm a duck" do you think of a cow or a duck? I think you're weird.

11. If you had the chance, would you go to the very bottom of the ocean? Nope, I'm claustrophobic and deeply afraid of deep water, see the above swimming reference.

12. Would you rather be Spiderman or Batman? I'd rather be Wonder Woman...but I guess maybe Batman cause then I'd have a kick ass house with money to spare for charities.

13. Would you rather be in a hurricane or a tornado? A hurricane...I'd rather have time to absorb the situation that have it come and knock my life out of whack and then leave in the matter of minutes.

13 is bad luck... last question by me (Berleen)

14. Do you like pumpkin pie? Do you cheat and buy a premade one or do you make it from scratch? Heck, do you even make pumpkin pie at all? This is my first year of attempting a pumpkin pie. My family is weird...my husband doesn't like cooked fruit, and no ones else likes it but me. SO, I bought the canned stuff to give it a whirl, I don't believe I've ever tried the scratch variety cause I don't know that many ambitious people.

12 thoughtful remarks:

Berleen said...

Interesting way of thinking on the sickness question.. I never thought of that before!

Kimber said...

I love toe socks too! I also said I wanted to be Wonder Woman. Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Counting with your toes, eh? I never thought of such a thing. Maybe I'd look smarter if I tried it that way! I'm totally trying it next time. Fun answers!!

Buffie said...

Your comment about perogies reminded me of knish. I think I need to go back and add that to my list. Talk about potato goodness.

Anonymous said...

I never thought about just letting a sickness run its course like that. I am one to not use imodium in.. um... situations, because I know the bad needs to come out and all, but the next time I get sick, I will remember this.. Great answers!

ShannonW said...

I love potatoes!!!! A black panther would be cool.

Jodi said...

Like your answer to the sickness question. Never thought of it that way. With asthma though for me, it is so hard to let it run its course because I've had pneumonia before.

You asked about the Jello on my page...fingerprints. Well what happened was hubby & I went to dinner at a Chinese buffet and let's just say, the jello had fingerprints on it. They must have cut it up into squares and put it in the serving tray without using gloves. BLECH!

Debbie said...

toe socks are cool!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great answers! I loved your response for #2 :)

Coffee Slut said...

LOVE toe socks!
Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

I completely forgot about perogies, they're awesome! I'm with you on the sickness thing.

starsinmybelly said...

another Wonder Woman...I am so lame for not thinking of that ,lol


And perogies ..good call! YUM!