BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thursday Thunks

1. If you could sky write anything you wanted, what would it be? Don't Worry Be happy (though my first response was a bit more graphic so I opted for the family friendly one...)


2. Did you get drunk at your prom? I never went to prom...any of them.

3. What is your favorite spice to use *in* cooking? Salt

4. What color is your roof? Inside or outside? Hmmm, down here in the states the outside is called the roof, so that's what I'm going with...It's a brownish red-shingle bit.

5. In a land far, far away I want to bang on the drum all day

6. In the Miss USA pageant, Miss California was asked; "Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalize same sex marriage. Do you think every state should follow suit? Why or why not?" and her answer was; "Well I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. Um, we live in a land that you can choose same sex marriage or opposite marriage and, you know what, in my country and in, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman," Carrie said to a mix of boos and applause. "No offense to anybody out there. But that's how I was raised and that's how I think that it should be between a man and a woman." Do you think that cost her the crown?
Yes, she lost my vote the minute she said "IN MY COUNTRY" as if she represented the entire body of people, or almost like the USA was against the whole world who did. All I can say is she doesn't represent me. (This really makes me see how an Anti-Obama-ist can feel so strongly)
*EDIT* I wanted to elaborate a bit more after thinking about it. For all of the contestants to get there they must first pass through a series of lower level pageants to prepare them. In doing so they were groomed for the position, and should know by the time they reach this one, what the expectations are of the organization they are representing. In essence, she chose to submit herself to their way of thinking, and knew the answer they would have wanted her to give. I admire her for choosing her own answer, but I still don't agree with it.

7. Do you watch Miss USA/Miss America pageants? No

8. Have you ever driven/ridden on a tractor? Is that a regular occurrence down here? Oh yeah, I see people driving their ride-em lawn mowers with kids on their lap all the time. Scary. No, I haven't never driven or ridden a tractor. I may be a country kinda gal but I'm not that far gone. I'll stick to milking cows & collecting eggs, thank you.

9. For the parents - what cartoon/children show did your child watch obsessively? (Hey, if you aren't a parent, maybe a niece or nephew...) My oldest loved Toopy & Binoo for a TV show and he cycled through the latest Disney/Pixar films. My youngest is in love with Kipper the Dog

10. If I set a level on your living room floor - would it show that it was level? I dunno, depends I suppose. What a weird question!

11. What was the last restaurant you ate at? IHOP, yesterday for lunch right after H's dentist appointment.

12. What's the picture on your wall calendar for this month? Something I made from Shutterfly, so it's a bunch of family pictures

13. Are you superstitious? no

14. If I get into your car and turn on the radio - what type of radio station will I hear? Classic Rock...unless the Mr was last in there (which is usually the case) then I hear that annoying-as-fuck-poppy/rappy-stupid-top-20-every-ten-minute-reapeating-useless-waste-of-good-air-time radio station which I immediately shut off.

15. Would you rather wake up with a snake in your bed or a lizard? both!

16. Do you think schools have changed at all since the Columbine tragedy 10 years ago? In what ways? I have no idea, I was the same age they were when it happened...have I changed since then, yeah...has anyone else? Who knows, I don't talk to ppl I went to school with.
*EDIT* I originally thought this said SCHOOL GIRLS, not just schools...heeheehee.
Yes, schools have changed in technicalities & laws, but on the inside the same old shit is going on regardless.

10 thoughtful remarks:

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Salt is the best answer. I appreciated you take on Miss California. I cannot believe how many bloggers answer with "free speech" crap. Yes she has free spech. But had she said, "I don't think blacks should wed." Would that be "free speech"? I am getting off the soap box now...

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Love your #1 answer. Perfect! Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Anonymous said...

I find it amazing how those who preach intolerance are totally intolerant of others personal beliefs...

Amber said...

I'm not being intolerant, I'm simply saying I don't agree with her opinion.
If you don't like it, don't read it.

Carey said...

Salt! I didn't think of that. I suppose that's definitely my favorite spice. I played too! Check out my answers, HERE!

the girl in stiletto said...

i know i'm a twenty-something-Dr-to-be but *ahem* i watch cartoons a lot (esp with my little cousins whenever i'm back home) lol, but i've never heard of the cartoon toopy & binoo. is that new? ahhaha you must be laughing your ass off at my question :P

Amber said...

there's a link to their Wiki page if you scroll over the names of the cartoons...LOL

cheatymoon said...

Hmmm. was anonymous saying that you are preaching intolerance or the pageant girl? Interesting.

In any case, your response was very thoughtful, Amber.

Also, my living room floor is not level. And I'm with you on #14. :-)

Anonymous said...

On the Miss USA deal I'm glad she was strong so many people are weak and stand for nothing therefor they fall for anything. I could care less who marries who or what for that matter but they posed her a question and she answered it honestly. It is my understanding that the context of the answer isn't whats judged its the presentation.
Anyway, with her answer she just made 10 fold more money than she would have had she been weak and toed the politically correct line!

Onwars!

Is not being superstitious, superstitious?

Dan I wonder if anyones fave spice is Sage?
hehe

I'd love to know what you'd write in the sky, non-fam friendly!

Good answers

Andhari said...

I appreciate that she told how she feels although it offended a lot of people, including me. I think she's nuts.