BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Mildly Productive

I've wasted my day away drinking caffeinated tea (I truly didn't realize it until I noticed a bit of shaking in my hands), blogging and being indecisive about what I wanted to make.
I settled on this hat. I like it, I think I'll make more, in different colors, as this was just my tester. When I started with the pattern and was cutting out the sizes, I was wondering how do I know if I'm a small, medium, or large??
Really, is it general knowledge that people have about the size of their melons? I was confused, and sat there pondering my problem...then the light bulb flashed. I checked my pattern envelope, and there it was...a small head is a 21" circumference, medium is 22", and a large is 23". I'm a large...I have a 23 inch melon. Yay me.
Anyhow, got it cut out, did the appropriate steps, and wound up with this. I love it.

11 thoughtful remarks:

Debbie said...

i LOVE it!!!! (jealous)

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

The hat looks terrific! (And an interesting take on "head"...)

Coffee Slut said...

Great job!
I have a huge head, and tons of hair. sigh.

LarryG said...

great hat, and perfect smile to go under it :)

Bretthead said...

Looks great! The hat too...

Anonymous said...

hehe
thats excellent!

Kimber said...

You made that hat? OMG! It's awesome.

Janet said...

You look GREAT in a hat!

My expressions LIVE said...

The hat is fabulous...almost as fabulous as the person wearing it....love the photo and smile...xooxox

Ragtop Day said...

That is so cute! You are talented and resourceful!

Nietha said...

nice hat!