BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Awards Time!

I'm a slacker, and am so humbled right now!
I've been awarded many times over, and have been putting off doing the post, my bad.

We'll start with the Vespa Award, given to me by The Girl in Stiletto @ .musings of the corybantic painted nails. She's got a great sense of humor, and is working her way through med school. Los of fun to read :o)
There don't seem to be a set of rules for this one, just receive & pass it on, Yay!
I pass the Vespa Award on to:
1. Jodi @ Moody Blue - cause she love Elvis, and ya can't go wrong with that!
2. Deb @ Through Thick N Thin - Cause she likes Smirnoff as much as I do :o)
3. Sue @ Coffee Slut - Like I said the first time I passed an award on to her, I admire her for being a slut for coffee!
4. Kimber @ Life In A Zoo - Cause you have to admire her ability to home-school her older kids and manage her younger ones at the same time!
5. Berleen @ A Straight Jacket & A Padded Room - I love that she calls her kids Demons.


My next one is the Premios Dardos Award, given to me by Jack @ silghtly off-center. This award acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his or her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values every day.

The rules to follow are:
1) Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.

2) Pass the award to 15 other blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgment. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have
been chosen for this award.

If you like it, take it!

My next award is the Sexy Blogger Award given to me by Carina @ a Blogette. The award requires you to list 5 sexy things about yourself. Sounds good to me...
1. My mouth. There are so many good things about a mouth, lots you can do with it, and it's appeal in general just to look at it.
2. My amazing sense of humor. I love to joke about sex at length.
3. My calves...always been a fav part of my body.
4. My hair, beautiful, dark, and filled with natural highlights
5. My eyes, without my glasses I don't think they'd amount to much, which is why I'll never get rid of them (my glasses, that is).

It's always a lot of fun to compliment ones self, and even better when you don't need to feel guilty doing so!
I pass this Sexy Blogger Award on to:
1. Ric @ My Expressions Live - cause he's smokin hot.
2. Southern Sage @ Welsome to Sageville - who can resist a smart man with a southern drawl in a cowboy hat?
3. Lois @ No Sympathy For The Devil - cause I drool everytime I read her latest post. Seriously, if anyone could turn me to the other side, it's her!
4. Bud @ WTIT The Blog - I love a man with a good sense of humor.

Next I've recieved the Honest Scrap award from The Girl In Stilleto again @ .musings of the corybantic painted nails.
"The HonestScrap award comes with a caveat or two. Firstly, you have to tell your readers ten things about you they may not know, but that are true. Secondly, you have to tag 10 people with the award."
1. I wear a size 14
2. I've worn glasses since I was 9 years old.
3. I met my first husband on the internet
4. I love Rollercoasters, and am not afraid to ride even the most extreme ones, even if it is just once to say that I did.
5. I look exactly like my mother
6. I'm the second tallest woman in my family @ 5'2 1/2" (the half is what makes me taller!)
7. I can't knit or crochet for the life of me
8. I love to travel
9. I've never had a ticket in 12 years of driving
10. This is the first year of my adult life where I feel like a respected member of the community, and an actual adult...other years I've always felt rather juvenile, young, and inexperienced.

I don't think I can tag 10 people, that feels like a whole lot...but let's see what we can come up with.
1. Aimie @ My Favorite Munchkins - Her kids are adorable, and she's one of the most thoughtful people that I've ever had the pleasure to read about!
2. Billy Rhythm @ The Philosophy Of Chairs - Cause he plays the drums & he's cool ;oD

And Finally I have the Sisterhood Award taken from Kitten @ The Bookkitten. She writes some truly in-depth reviews of the books she reads. I admire her choice of books, and the choices she makes for herself in life.
If you like it, take it!
So there you have it, a fabulous list to accompany some fabulous awards. thank you ladies for passing them my way, it's always nice to know my readers appreciate what I have to say in my blog.

10 thoughtful remarks:

the girl in stiletto said...

lol amber! that was massive lovin' you got there. :) well, you deserved them cuz you're very insightful & funny at the same time :)

Anonymous said...

wow, thanks for the love!
I will post it this week sometime!
hehe me and my girl Lois!!

I don't think I have seen you calves but the others are all excellent! you mouth, I surely couldn't agree more, some mouths are totally sexy and I bet you won't find anyone who doesn't think yours is!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah I been meaning to tell you that I friggin love your pic that posts when you leave and comment and the header pic is smokin hot!

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I thank you very much. It's nice to be given a shout!

Jack said...

Wow! Congratulations on all those awards. It's going to be hard to find a place for them all... then again, you will probably just put them in a box packed away for the move :)

Jodi said...

THANKS AMBER!!! That was SO sweet!!! I really appreciate it!!!

Billy Rhythm said...

Hey, thanks for the award! I'll be sure to play along. Can I offer an opinion, though? The new layout is hard on my eyes. There's not enough contrast, and the text doesn't pop. It's hard for me to read--an I like reading your stuff!

Debbie said...

Thank you so much!!!!! Mmmmmmm Smirnoff.

Coffee Slut said...

Thank you so much Amber!

Billy Rhythm said...

Oh, thank you! It's soooo much easier to read! THANKS!!!