BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 16, 2009

Countdown

Well folks...two days left until I'm officially 28.
Someone recognized me today, just by hearing my voice, and I haven't seen them in over 3 years. I don't know whether I should be offended or hurt, but that was the immediate way I took it, considering my state of mind 3 years ago.
Took the boys shopping today because H has outgrown all of his pants around the waist, so I went in search of a whack of elasticized waist pants.
Had our very first shift today without the bosses there to run the show. What a friggin fiasco. there were multiple things that need vast improvement. I was scalded with hot milk today, as it got spilled on my hand. It's only slightly swollen.
My mom and dad arrive home tomorrow from their week long vacation. Gotta clean up and change their bedding and whatnot. Also need to do a bit of grocery shopping.
I have no plans for my birthday. I really just don't feel the need to celebrate or shout it from the rooftops or anything. There's lots of stuff that I want, but nothing that I feel I need right at this moment. All good things, right?
I've been feeling content of late...but things haven't been going so smoothly with the Mr. We seem to be hitting our major bad timing with one another. Either one of us is in a bad mood, or the other. It would seem we just haven't been able to hit the mark and get our moods on an even pace, which is highly disappointing. The struggle to keep our marriage strong is starting to falter a bit, from my perspective. Old jabs and behaviors have resurfaced, and it's getting more and more difficult to ignore them.
We've spent the last week getting the kids finalized in a prim & proper schedule, and actually sticking to it. H is finally in his own bed, in his shared room with D, and both are asleep before 9pm each night. H has finally been fully weaned. I sleep in my own bed with my Mr each night, and have nearly adjusted to sleeping without a little man right next to me. I'm still finding it difficult to fall asleep, but I figure that'll come in time.
I'm quite happy with work, all being said, though. I'm getting between 25 & 30 hours per week, which makes me part time. I don't honestly think I'd have enough energy for another right this minute. After going without working an actualy job for more than 3 years, I'm hoping it's not going to take me long before I'm ready to pick up another one.
My mind is rambling...

2 thoughtful remarks:

Autumn said...

my first born slept in my bed lots for a long time. he was a trouble sleeper too. it can effect intimacy with a partner as well. sorry to hear of your struggles and i hope you can work through them.

i love the pants that have the elastic and buttons for adjustment in the waistband. perfect for growing children.

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I hope you hacve a great birthday. If there's a party, I'll bring the Smirnoff!