BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 28, 2011

New Friends

It's been a doozy of a week.
Appointment after appointment, meeting and places I gotta be.
It's been hectic, and I'm seriously ready to just relax.
The kids are coming down tomorrow for a 5 day visit. I'm excited, but it also means that I'll have to do some tidying up tonight, instead of just relaxing.
I've gotten out with a friend this week, enjoying the summer for what it has to offer. It feels good to get some sun on my skin, and be in public places. It's also nice to not have to do it by myself.
I've now visited my Dr & gotten tested for everything, caught myself up on all the paperwork, and will be filing to Employment Insurance, before I move onto Income Assistance. I'm unable to work, and will be for a while.
Hopefully I can get everything worked out sometime soon as to what I'm doing with myself.
I know eventually I'll need a plan, but for now I know I won't be returning to Clearwater, that I won't have an income for another month yet, and that I'm feeling comfortable this week.
This could be due to my new friend M. M has come to stay with me in my home. M & her cat Emma. It makes life comfortable, but does not distract me from the ability to seek the help that I know I need. It simply adds more support there.
I'm onto Season 4 of Prison Break. Good Stuff. I love how everyone from the previous Season's all came together to work on the project. I find it quite intense.
I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the events of this past weekend. Trying to proccess and gather the pieces of those memories I shattered so they wouldn't hurt me. It's hard, trying to figure out how it got this bad, and attempting to forgive myself for slipping so horribly. 10 years with no drugs in my system, and one night of a cocaine induced frenzy was enough to put me into withdrawls for two days, and craving for the week. Any more, and it's a gauruntee that I'd never see my kids again. Ever.
So, here I am, picking myself back up, and going back to the bat. Let's hope I hit a homer this time.

1 thoughtful remarks:

Osbasso said...

I don't want to sound cliché, but hitting bottom is the only way to bounce back up. And it sounds like you are!

And having some support at home with you is good too.

But the best part is this big honkin' smile on your face!!