BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Saturday Snapshots

We had a nice week. Though it was filled with a wondrous amount of planning and stress, it was good.
D kicked it off with Cub Scouts, where he began building his new Pine Derby Car. At first he didn't like the way it was shaped, but he's totally willing to work with it now, so long as he gets to design the rest. He really is enjoying his Cub Scouts now. I'm actually rather sad to bring him away from it.
I also started going and volunteering in D's class as well, trying to make best of a crappy situation. I discovered that they do yoga in class as part of a keep fit initiative. I also learned that the kids are all very personable. After we looked at our new place, we were up in the air with the decision to tell the school our moving date. D let the cat out of the bag, and the school dropped any plans to help him out. I'm mad. I guess they figure because he's not going to be a part of the school much longer that they don't need to waste their resources on him.
We made our announcements in baby group and family nights. I also offered to make DVD's of all the pictures I've taken in these since we got here. Should be fun, I'm looking forward to it. I'll really miss these folks. We've spent nearly every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday with them since we got back. Our family is well known to them all, and it'll be a shame to leave another place where we've worked so hard to be a part of community.
I had a good week, class-wise. As I mentioned in my last post, I seem to be getting a steady A- in all of my work, thus far. I'm hoping that with a bit more time to concentrate that I'll be able to change that to an A. The class is going well, and I'm really enjoying it. I asked what sort of certification I'll have at the end of it, and the prof explained that I will be able to apply for a license to be an Assistant Early Childhood Educator, which should open a lot of doors. I'm going to see about applying to finish the next 10 months worth of courses to make me eligible for the Licensed ECE. I'm hoping I'll be able to get funding for that as well. I figure, if I'm going to spend so much time with my kids in this area, it'd be a good idea to get certified, because once they're past the age, I can just apply it to my career.
We're excited for this fresh start. We're hoping everything goes through on Mr's Immigration. We've got hope. Not a whole lot of it, but at least it's there. At least they haven't gotten the better of us.

1 thoughtful remarks:

Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds like fun to me. Great pics!