BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

First Days of School

Well, am having issues securing ongoing services for myself. It's a headache that I'm just not dealing well with. I'll get round to it and get it sorted out eventually, right now I just don't have the brain power for it.
I feel like sleeping a lot of the time, and do so with abandon.
I eat when I feel hungry, and drink when I feel thirsty.
Outside of those basic things, I'm finding it pretty difficult to function on any normal level.
You'd never know it to chat with me though. Other than being a bit spacey, I actually appear quite normal.
Darius had his first day of Grade 3 yesterday. They've spent the first two days of school keeping the children in something called "family groups" which doesn't really make any sense to me. Essentially they gave everyone a homeroom and group to spend time with until they know for certain how many students they have enrolled & how big they can expect class sizes to be. Tomorrow, D will find out where his permanent classroom and locker is.
We're working on the finer points of walking to school on his own. I'm so anxious over this matter, but I'm sure he'll do me proud. We live two houses down from the school, so I do have the ability to watch him from the edge of our yard from behind the fence if I want. haha.
Tonight is the first meeting for the Clearwater Playschool. Mr is the President, and I'm the Secretary. I'm not certain, now that this whole schamozzle has turned up, if we will continue these positions though. Sad. I don't like backing out of things I've willingly volunteered for...but if it's a choice between my sanity and devoting more than I have, I'll be forced to choose my sanity.
One day at a time, one journal entry at a time, and one mood at a time. I will work my way through them, if I just slow myself down.

1 thoughtful remarks:

gayle said...

one step at a time. hugs. hugs. love you.