BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

And Now For Some Good News

On to the good stuff.
Despite our setback, we are firmly keeping our eyes and ear to the ground on the hunt for a new place in town. I'm confident it'll fall into our lap before we need to be out of here. We may have to size down or step into a condo or duplex, but I'm certain once summer and the tourist season is over that that won't last for too long.
I discovered today that I've lost another 10 pounds since the last time I've weighed myself. Hooray for me! The clothing I have now is all falling off of me when I wear it, which is mildly annoying, but something that I can put up with.
Over the past two weeks I've been making inquiries to my supervisor as to whether or not the company I work for would fund my finished ECE certification. At first her answer was flat out no. After receiving the details of the budget for the next year, she said she would be able to work it in for me...providing I don't just leave em high and dry. Fair enough, I can do that.
My plan for myself, is to finish my ECE certification, and then carry on to some other courses that I'd like to take. Mechanics (I'd like to know how to fix my own vehicle someday, and own the right to be able to stand in front of it with a beer in my hand and nod & agree with the rest of the guys), photography, and business management. Once my gears have started for this path of furthering my education, I totally plan on following through with it. Now, they may not all be fields that will always have a surplus of jobs available, but darnit I've always wanted these certifications, and now that I'm started, I'm not going to stop.
My family arrives this weekend for our long weekend. I'm really looking forward to having an extra day off, where I don't have to work.
I signed us up to help put together the local Aboriginal Sharing Centre's parade float on Friday, and H & I will be riding on the parade...just gotta make myself some sort of fanciful regalia to match. Should be fun in any event, and I'm really looking forward to furthering my connection with the lady who runs the place.
I've been spending the last two weeks trying to train myself, using the manuals we have available, and I'm hoping that it will all fall into proper place when I do receive my formal training. As it is now, it's making sense, but I'm uncertain yet as to how to initiate it.
Did some grocery shopping today, and then hit the local store to buy some shoes for the boys. Tis the season. This weekend I'm looking forward to hitting a bunch of yard sales in search of size7/8 t-shirts, and some new clothes for Mr. All I want to do is relax this weekend, and with family up here, it'll make that relaxation that much more enjoyable.

1 thoughtful remarks:

Ama said...

good news is ALWAYS a wonderful thing!