BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 25, 2008

ToT & Overnighters

"Baby I'm amazed at the the way you pulled me out of time
Hung me on a line
Maybe I'm amazed at the way I really need you"
Paul McCartney - Maybe I'm Amazed

I'm so tired. I hadn't stopped to think about it, but it's been a long week, and I feel so worn out, I'm seriously considering buying Hunter's costume this year (A feat that hasn't been done since D's first Halloween). I'm rather tired of sewing, and I think I need a nap. Too much hectic, last-minute mumbo jumbo. Too much demanding.

"I'm looking for comfort
That I can take
From someone else
But after all
I know there is no one"
Billy Joel - C'Etait Toi (You Were The One)

Managed to finish D's costume of Link, and sent him off to Cub Scouts in it, only to have him come back all stained from coloring with markers. Argh...I'm hoping it's washable. Started making the shirt to go with Hunter's Bob Overalls, but got so discouraged at the mount of work I was doing gave up and took a shower instead. It's really not that much work, but I felt overwhelmed because I'm tired, and because there was a store ToT today that went from 11-3 that I dind't know about that sounded like fun, and I almost felt like we HAD to go to because it would break the cherry on the ToT-ing for the year.
That's another thing I don't like about Ohio. Trick or Treating is on different nights, other than Halloween. I can understand stores/malls doing it that way, but it confuses me that neighborhoods should do it on any other night. What's the point in celebrating it at all if you don't want to do it on the actual day? Plus, all the extra nights could actually cause someone to be Halloween burnt out because their kids insist on going out with this friend and then that friend, and don't forget about that friend over there...There are so many places to go out to, it makes me almost not enjoy my favorite holiday. Do you know how much trouble it is to temper the older child so the younger child can keep up, and have them both be satisfied and happy at the end of the night and still remain sane? It's a lot of work in any event, and I know no one's saying I'm committed to attending each said ToT event, but it's difficult not to see the big picture from such a small stance.

"Some people never get beyond their stupid pride
But you can see the real me inside"
Paris Hilton - Stars Are Blind

Went out lastnight for dinner at a "Casual Fine Dining" place called The Old Jaol (Jail) with the family. Ronnie's treat :o) Had a super yummy (once I year I eat this) medium rare Filet Mingon with sauteed mushrooms, green beans, and a baked potato. Yum...expensive kind of yum, but it was terrific. We had a bit of trouble keeping Hunter seated, he was tired, didn't have a long enough nap, and D was antsy and refused to do as he was told, and it was quite a fiasco.
On the upside we got to listen to some Amish folk speaking in whatever language it is that they speak at a table next to us. I was amazed at how may words I could recognize, it sounded like french, german, and english all mashed together. Though as a side note I've always thought French, German and Spanish all sounded similar, and had the same basic structure.

"Folded hands and bended knees
I pray for life's catastrophes
Oh hallelujah, save us all"
Jann Arden - Calling God

Came home, and cleaned...my house was so appalingly messy from the days that I've spent decorating, and sewing, and beingout of the house. All the dishes were dirty, the laundry was in 5 seperate piles around the house, toys covered the livivng room floor, you couldn't see the dinig room table, and the Computer Area floor was covered in various costumes and decorations pieces. Got the dished done, and some semblance of clean as toys got picked up and put away, most decorations got cleaned and tidied and organized, and i can see my countertops again. Probably won't stay that way for long though. Whenever I get busy I don't always think to put everything away after I'm finished with it like I normally do.

"All the hurts and all the heartache
Where just a figment of my mind"
Jann Arden - I'd Be Glad

I'm ready to relax a bit tonight. D had his first Overnighter away from home (not including family members, of course) tonight at the YMCA. Apparently they'll be going swimming and such. I'm just hoping he won't be too tired to go to church tomorrow as I promised a friend I'd go with her, cause it'll be her first time attending our church, just so she can check it out.

"I had My hand in the river
My feet back up on the banks
Looked up to the lord above and said hey man thanks"
The Tragically Hip - New Orlean's Is Sinkin

I think I'm going to go take a nap, maybe the world will seem brighter when I wake up.

0 thoughtful remarks: