BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Mothers In law...

were put on this earth for a reason...I swear it.
Alls I can say is thank goodness Mothers in Law were put on this planet or I'da been s.o.l. lastnight.
All by myself with D lastnight, and had a pretty decent go of it, until it came time to give him a bath. Well, I ended up slipping and losing my grip on him whilst getting him out of the tub, and he landed right on his head, and I couldn't tell if he hit his temple or not.
D hadn't had a nap yesterday, so once he was out of the tub, calmed down, and dressed, I layed with him on my chest, and he fell asleep in under five minutes.
Kind worried by this, I msg-ed my mother in law, who phoned me immediately (thank goodness, cause I was considering resorting for tears), and told me to take him to the walk in clinic...just in case.
Called Chance, who proceeded to freak out at me because we mis-communicated, and took him up to the walk-in. The doctor said he was fine, but told me to wake him up every 2 hours through the night, just to be sure. So, Yay me...mom's gone, Chance's gone...and I get to wake him up every 2 hours through the night.
Hardly slept at all, it felt like come mornin.
Called Sylvia once we got home, and warned I may be tired...so she said she'd let me off early.
Darn it if I didn't get outta there until 1:30. *sigh*
Didn't even bother with a nap once I got home because I knew if I fell asleep, I wouldn't get up till the next morning...
Cooked dinner.
Played with Darius.
*sighs*
This day is taking forever to get to bedtime.

1 thoughtful remarks:

Anonymous said...

You did a good job and didn't panic or let the tears take over (and neither did I, thank goodness!) It certainly was good to hear everything turned out okay, especially about Darius telling a "scooby" joke! How cute is that?