BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

In Crisis, Let's Do It Together

What an interesting leap I've taken. I loved this little graphic, and thought I'd share it with you.
My blog has been honest, and while I've held back some items for safety/privacy reasons, this is not something I'm going to hold back.

I was checked into the hospital over the weekend. After a cry for help was answered by the fine folks at The Crisis Centre of BC, I accepted their recommendations, and went were I was best helped for the time being.

There are a number of things holding me back in my rural community that I love so much. I was unable to get any services for myself to help me out of the pit I was getting deeper into.

While there are many judgements about suicide, I have to say that it's always been there, hiding in the back of my mind. I'm a frequent depression sufferer, and have been as long as I can remember. I remember being a child and wishing I could die because it was too horrible to live when no one listens to you, believes you, and saves you from those who preyed on me.

While I attempted it once earlier in my youth, I had no idea I would be pushed so close again.

In any event, I'm here, in the care of those who love me, trying to build some sort of framework for myself to enable me to carry on.
What I want my readers to know is that this is a part of my everyday life, and if there are others out there who feel like I do, know that I'm here. Let's do it together.

Reaching out is hard to do. It leaves you vulnerable, it leaves you open to rejection and more pain, and the possibility that the people you reach for won't understand and won't listen. The important thing to do is to keep reaching, keep looking for what you need, it's there, but sometimes it's a little harder to find.

4 thoughtful remarks:

Osbasso said...

I'm so glad you let me know. Keep fighting the good fight, OK? <3

Osbasso said...

On a different note...I love the length of your hair!

Amber said...

it's crazy long and I'm SO ready to chop it off, but alas, gotta wait until the required length so I can donate it.

Anonymous said...

So glad you are getting help. It takes a lot of courage to do that.

xoxo