BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Imagination, and Human

The good news is in, and the adorable house we've been eyeballing in town is ours for the next year (the lease says so!). While it's wonderful to set that set of worries to the side, I'm a bit concerned over how smoothly the moving itself will go.

This community just keeps popping up with surprises. We had a new family over to our home this past Sunday, and we all got along terrifically...even our kids. Unusual for us. Anyhow, they offered to let us borrow their Utility trailer for as long as we needed to to get our stuff out of this place and into the new one. Our other friends offer to help move all the furniture for only the cost of a BBQ and possibly a few beers each. Every other time we've asked our friends for help, it was like pulling teeth...and here are these people who doled it out before we could even ask. What a wonderful turn around!
Anyhow, we'll be able to start moving in stuff by the 20th of this month, and will be able to move in on the 28th. It'll give us one week to transfer whatever we can that isn't pack-in-a-suitcase-essential into boxes and bring it into town with us each trip we make. Should be fun, and hopefully relatively smooth on us. I think this will mark a time where both of us can actually do the moving equally for once.
Am finally attempting to get a hold of relatives who had offered to take either one of our boys, or possibly both for any duration at all over the summer, and am currently building myself a schedule of who to slot in where. Hopefully I'll be able to get a hole of those I missed, tonight. We shall see.
I'm feeling both up and down about work, and have "of course" realized that I'm only human (****GASP****) and really do just need to take it all in stride. I secretly think I'm making too much of it, and I just need to lighten up. That's always been easier said than done for myself.
Big changes happening in the family, a death, and a few startling ones that I couldn't see coming. Will make for a very interesting family dynamic come the holiday season, keep an eye out for those laughable moments.
Current laughable moment:
D & I were in the grocery store shopping in the meat section for dinner. The guys dig seafood, I can't even stand the smell. I'm looking at the selection available, and D is checking out the seafood. He comes running over to me: "Mommy, they have imagination Crab Meat!"
It took me a moment to figure out what he was referring to, before bursting out into a fit of giggles. I corrected him, then said yes, it actually could be considered "Imagination Crab Meat".

1 thoughtful remarks:

Helen said...

I haven't been here in such a long time! Hi, Amber! :)

I hope your moving goes smoothly. We haatteedd moving, and I would not be upset one bit if we never ever do it again for as long as we live (probably not a likely dream, though). That's great that you have so many friends and family who are willing to help. That was what made it less painful for us, though the whole process in its entirety still sucked. :)