BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Life Goes On


This week marks the beginning of a three week course on job skills. Resume writing, Interview skills, and Networking skills. Seems like fun so far, and the perfect environment for me to able to learn something. It's a comfortable environment with a small group of people who I get along with terrifically.
I also beginning my Early Childhood Education training online this week, gotta get going on the course this evening, actually.

**UPDATE**
Shit. I just read the course outline and found out it's a 48 hour course. I managed to get myself signed up for an actual Online College Course. I kind of expected I was just signing up for a week-long workshop or something. Guess that'll teach me for not asking any questions and just jumping in. ;o) Wish me luck. It's weird knowing I could consider myself a student. I can't imagine it's going to be easy doing an online course with two kids bouncing round me. I should d/l some new music so I can tune them out to concentrate. I need to re-structure my schedule.

Trying to make the best of this New Year. Gotta get it off on the right foot.
Been enjoying the course in part because there's such terrific people there, and because it's giving me an opportunity to wear something other than a basic outfit and to actually do my make up.
Hope I can land a job sometime soon, but I'm quite certain that what I'm learning right now will help.
So we visited the grandparents this past weekend, and had loads of fun. Took H sledding a few times, and watched Mr do his own Polar Bear Dip. Helped out round the house a bit, and spent some quality time with the grandfolks.
They received a settlement for the crash Grandpa was in back in August. The people he sued for it weren't too pleased with him, but people like that gotta learn sometime, cause they were out doing the exact same thing the next day, and never bothered to apologize for any of it.
Anyhow, they were doing great, and we all had a good time relaxing together. Wish I had been able to spend more time there, but I'm obligated to make it to this class.
Here's to a smoothly running week.

3 thoughtful remarks:

Certifiable said...

Way to go Amber. You and Chance can make this work together...not to mention your mum - I'm sure she's just as proud too!

Genevieve said...

Good luck to you!!
Have a nice day. :)

Hepburn Hilton said...

How exciting!!Getting some more education will surely qualify for more jobs, probably higher paying jobs. I'm sure this is the beginning for something greta fo you and your familY!