BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

We're Trying...Honest

I just really wonder how it's possible for anyone to get anything accomplished. Job & Family Services (Canadian Equivalent is Welfare) was brisk and rude to begin with, and demand to know what MY income was in Canada, even though Chance can't claim me, and I couldn't claim him there. It's retarded.
Went to go to WIC (Women, Infants, Children) and they were closed for lunch. Went to the community Health Place where they do immunizations to see about D's, and they were rather wary when I entered just to ask when I can get his done.
Everywhere I go for services seems to be filled with butt-head people who just don't seem to enjoy their jobs. Including the school, the secretaries still haven't warmed up to me at all, even though I've volunteered once last week and twice this week. Not a smile, peep, or hello out of any of them.
I wonder just how hard I'm going to have to work to get in on everyone's good side here and actually become a part of the community.
D wasn't feeling well lastnight, and Hunter doesn't seem to be feeling well today.
I volunteered at the school to help the kids do their computer work, and it's working it's own kinks out, which is nice.
Had a discussion with the teacher about D's behavioural issues in school. He seems to have problems keeping his hands (and other such things) to himself, and keeping himself on task.
I just basically told him that he's trying to get adjusted to his new surroundings.
I figure once he gets used to his new classmates he should settle down. In his old school he already knew all of his classmates, so he didn't need to poke and heckle to show off. That's not the case here. I'm hoping that once we get moved in and such that we'll be able to hold regular playdates with his classmates to help him get to know them better. I'd really like to holD a party as well.
I'm watching the Golden Child, it's funny...it's been a while since I've watched it.
Found a nice little Thrift Store in Ashland as well. :o)
Anyhow, on with the day.

0 thoughtful remarks: