BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I ifnd myself here once again, late at night (for the length of day that I had anyways).
I was wondering why people aren't as affectionate with their kids as we are with ours. I feel sad when I watch Darius play with the girls accross the street because he always wants to hug them, and snuggle with them while watching a movie or something. I'm one of those people who enjoys spontaneous hugs and kisses and "I love you"s. I enjoy snuggling with my sons when I'm out shopping, watching a movie, or whenever I need it. I need physical affection to help make my day go smoother. Don't other parents feel like that?

As for the parent of the boy who scratched Hunter...She's pregnant with her second child. I feel sorry for her if she's not got her first under control with manners taught yet. I'm wondering, once again, why parents don't hold their kids to as high of standards as I do.
Even the girls accross the street don't have allowances (neither does Darius yet, but I'm occupied right now, when I have time to squeeze it into effect I will), or know how to properly clean their rooms. The last time I babysat them, the younger's room had to be cleaned and when I went in there she had just tossed everything into her closet and it sufficed. I guess this is where the organizational freak in me comes into play.
If I could make a list for everything til the day I die I would be a happy camper.

1 thoughtful remarks:

Anonymous said...

You've got some really good points. I've also noticed when I go shopping of the number of parents who walk along with their kids either lagging behind are running off in the distance...and really young too! There just doesn't seem to be a connection between them and that is tragic. Could be they came from type of upbringing and didn't get the emotional or physical closeness experience.