BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 12, 2007

This weekend seemed to carry on. It was long. I'm beginning to understand that I can only stand my grandmother in small, 24 hour or less doses before I'm sick of her and want to move on.
Unfortunately, I've come to the realization that for her world, there is no opinion but hers, and whether you like it or not, you're gonna listen.
I went to her home for support (though it wasn't my first choice on where to go for support, it's just where I ended up) and all I got was a bunch of crap. I can honestly say that after this visit (and the junk that went on during X-mas, I don't believe my kids will be spending an overly-long amount of time in her presence)
Maybe I need to re-learn how to appreciate my Grandmother, or maybe I just need some distance, but whatever the case, I didn't get what I was looking for this visit, and I don't expect to in any other visit there.
I'm disappointed that I couldn't get the support I so very badly wanted, and would bet all my money on someone else, anyone else if I wanted it again in the future.
That's a disappointing realization.
Still though, I would've rather had put up with my Grandmother, than be in the presence of my husband.
I still don't know quite what I want to say to him, or what it will all encompass.

0 thoughtful remarks: