BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Labor Thoughts

The weekend is here.
Mom and Kim will be going to Jean and Ernie's 60th wedding anniversary party. Wonder why we weren't invited...hmm. *shrugs*
We went out early this morning to go and look at a Jepp Cherokee that Chance wanted to see, and along the way I told him he'd better be buying me breakfast cause his child is hungry. He stared at me with a bewildered look and said I fed Darius oatmeal before we left...
LOL
I told him he has two children now, and he needs to remember that. *g*
We had our appointment with Kate (our Doula) yesterday, and it was very informative, along with our last midwife appointment (Kalia, on Wed.). Both women settled me a little more, and helped bring the picture of a natural childbirth to reality. Always nice. :o)
Was kinda funny...when we had our babysitter in (two weeks ago), and I picked Chance up from playin pool with the guys, one of his guy friends asked me how I was having the baby (induction, c-section, so on) and I replied "as naturally as possible". He gave me a funny look and said, like a home birth, or water birth? LOL
It's funny what kind of perceptions people have of delivering a baby.
When I corrected him and said, "No, I just don't plan on having any medications" he kind of just shrugged me off. Hollywood really distorts the natural order of things.
I'm tired...I need a nap.

0 thoughtful remarks: