BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Early Labour Apprehension

Well, it's sunday and the main portion of my busy weekend is over and done with...so far.
Darius had a birthday party yesterday, and I really enjoyed it. :o)
Da had lots of fun after he ate and got some energy into him.
Taysha's parents loved the gift that I made.
Stupid bank. After having to struggle with them for the deposited money, and with the purchase of the Jeep, that meant that I couldn't buy Taysha a gift. So, instead I just made her a bunch of costumes. I spent, literally, all of Friday making them. I really enjoyed it though cause it's a lot easier to make pretty girly things than it is to make boy things... :oD
We had fun at the party, I was pleased that there were only 3 other kids there, and they were all from pre-school. :o)

Am up unusually early this mornin, awoke to needing to pee (boy this seems familiar) and when I went discovered that I've lost my mucuos plug. Y'all can look that one up. In any event, it's a sign of early labour. Oh boy. Now, I'm all antsy...and am itching to wake someone up because I wanna be busy...yet another sign of early labour.
I'm kinda hopin it's not cause I haven't done my belly cast yet...LOL
Now, the Doula said that I do need to address any fears that I may have...so, here goes.

I'm absolutely terrified that I'll loose the hold on the control I have on how things will progress. I don't want to end up in a delivery room all drugged up, and not holding my baby for 30-45 minutes after it's born.

I'm scared that it'll hurt...a lot. *g* I don't remember how much I hurt with D.

I'm afraid that I won't know what to do.

All in all, that's a small amount of the apprehension that's got me up early this mornin, itching for conversation. *sighs*

I'm happy to report though that Gramma was planning on coming out, along with Steven and Candice. yay! My favorite people. After the failure of a baby shower that I had, I am happy to know that the people who do matter most to me are going to be here for me and the new baby.

Anyhow...I guess I should scoot, find something to do that's gonna occupy my hands and not suck up my energy. I need a focal point.

2 thoughtful remarks:

Anonymous said...

Amnesia: a condition a woman gets after giving birth that allows her to have sex again...and get pregnant again...I didn't remember the pain of birth with Chance; I didn't know what to do; and I was alone until I went to the hospital to give birth (got there at 3:00 a.m. and gave birth at 9:00 a.m.) I remember being so afraid that I wouldn't know what to do. The nurse assured me that my body and the baby knew what to do and that I would have no choice but to follow...I too was afraid of the pain, but my focus was "by this time tomorrow, I'll be a mommy and NOT PREGNANT ANYMORE! You did great the first time and you'll do great this time.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on little baby Hunter!!! I can't wait to meet him - I wish we lived closer so we could come and visit you guys! We'll get to meet him at the wedding - I look forward to every minute.
Good luck with the days that follow getting used to a new baby again. :) I'm so happy for you guys!