BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Big FInes

I'm visiting Gramma's today (and yesterday).

I'm still on my spring high. I have an overwhelming positive feeling combined with the urge to clean, sort through, and organize everything in sight.

I re-organized my filing cabinet and files at work. Now I can open the filing cabinet and actually see what it is I'm looking for. Now I can find my clients' phone numbers when I open their files. I feel wonderful for that, as it can cut down on the time my Community Nurse Consult (the other half of my program) has to dig through everything.

I got home for the weekend, and I dug out all of the warm season clothing bins (because it hit 25 here this week! :oO ) and started sorting through all of the winter clothin to put away clothes for next season, what to put into donations, and what needs mending/altering. I did that in the kids' room yesterday, and today I did mine. I also managed to re-arrange some furniture, and clean my house from top to bottom with Mr's help. What a fantastic feeling that is.

Yesterday we decided to come and visit Gramma, and have been having a wonderful time of it. Gramma's been keeping my plants here for my garden, and I'm hoping to take them home this trip, so that I can start my garden, but we shall see what happens.

Today we took the kids to the sandbar and jumped in the dunes of sand for over two hours. It was a fantasticly relaxing time.

I'm going on about how positive I'm feeling, because I don't understand it.

I guess our new little town of Clearwater does this thing every one or two years where they invite a vast number (50+) of RCMP into the town to do a three day bust of everyone for everything, but specifically looking for drug runners who cmmonly take the hwy through our town to the next province over.
We got caught doing something illegal (no, nothing sexual), and received a very large fine for doing naughty action.
After mulling over this for a few days or so, we decided to switch my cell to a local number (up until now, it had been running with a Kelowna number in case Immigration needed to contact us), and while he was on the phone with them, Mr asked them for our current account balance. Apparently I've been sorely mistaken in thinking that I was still on an unlimited plan, and now I have caused us to have an outrageous bill. *sigh*
I won't give any details on how much everything will cost, but it will require some strategic planning on our part to take care of.
After all of that, I'm still feeling rather positive. I just don't understand why. I guess it could be considered a good thing that I am not letting it get the better of me. Either that or I'm completely in denial.
We shall see...

2 thoughtful remarks:

Jack said...

Things seem to be falling into place for you and your family. It's nice to hear you write such a positive post :)

Ama said...

Never underestimate the power of denial! But sure is good to hear the positive upbeat tone in your post despite the reality of the situation...it will work out.