BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 14, 2009

Well, I'm back, and exhausted. I tried my best to keep my Gramma off her feet and doing practically nothing. Do you know how hard that was? That was a chore in and of itself! Native women are stubborn, and independent, and persistent as all get out, and it gets worse with age.
I've spent the last few days cleaning her house, and working in her garden, and being her go-to girl. I rather enjoyed myself, as the boys of the house were rolling their eyes, wondering why the occasional cackle was coming from our direction.
When the lady folk in my family get together, we resemble a hen house. Cackling, giggling, snickering, smirking, and grins from ear to ear.
I am sore all over.
I wish I could have spent more time there, helping her take care of things. The menfolk over there would be helpless should they lose her, and I had plenty of time to ponder that while I was there.
My Gramma, by the way, is fine. Turns out she had a migraine headache for the first time ever, and didn't know what it was. As it was, 5 of her kids drove out to see her out of the hospital, and H & I drove up to her place to help her out a bit. I can only hope the stuff we accomplished there will be enough to tide her over so she can rest up a bit.
I'm tired and sore, I wonder if i can cajole my family into letting have a nap...

3 thoughtful remarks:

Kitten said...

Migraines are scary! The first time I had one I almost drove myself to the hospital, much like your Gramma. Glad to hear she's fine!

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

sweet dreams...

Osbasso said...

Glad to hear it was "just" a migraine.