BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Thursday Thunks

1. What the hell were you thinking? I was concentrating on distracting the kids, and so, therefore, I wasn't paying close enough attention!

2. The tornado sirens go off in your neighborhood - what do you do? First, BC has NO tornado sirens...but, if I were in Ohio, I'd be headed to the basement with my kids and my purse. i always had a bin set aside for emergencies with the basics in it to sustain us if we were hit.

3. Give us a recipe. Cook plain macaroni noodles, slice up some block cheese, layer them in a baking dish, and cook in the oven until cheese is melted. Voila, Baked Macaroni & Cheese. Super yummy.

4. It's the middle of the night, there isnt a car in sight and you are stuck at a red light that just won't change.... how long do you wait until you run it? I back up and go over the sensor again, otherwise I find things to occupy myself with until the light actually does change. I don't run red lights.

5. When was the last time you got all dressed up fancy-like? Where did you go? Like fancy dress up, or fancy bar clothes?? LOL Dress up was Mr's Company Christmas Party in 2007, and I know I hit a bar with a few friends before we left Ohio, but it's not like I dolled myself up for it or anything. Who would I have to impress?

6. Have you ever had a mole removed? No, but I've often thought about getting the one on my wrist removed. I'd be more content with it if it were only centered. I usually wear jewelry to cover it up though.

7. Are you in an area of record highs or record lows for the temps this summer? Are you lucky and stuck in the middle where it's somewhat normal? We have record highs, and are in the middle of a drought/heat wave. I don't know if i would wish for different weather, but I'd sure wish the awful smoke out of the valley and the local fires to be put out.

8. When was the last time you changed your furnace filter? Couldn't tell you here. they vacuum theirs before to make them last longer and replace later.

9. What's your favorite type of frog? The little itty bitty ones that the kids and I find together.

10. If you were to go on America's Got Talent, what would you do for your talent? (and choosing not to go is not an option....) I've got many talents, though I'm not certain anyone would pay to see them. If they did pay to see my talents, I'm not certain Mr would want me doing it ;oD

11. Have you ever been on a rooftop of a building? Sure, in my youth. i'm not so fond of heights now.

12. What is the first website you go to each day when you sit down at your computer, other than your email? my blog, of course. I love to look at my blog, because it pleases me to see the aesthetics of it. Our homepage is castanet.net though, if that counts.

7 thoughtful remarks:

Mariah said...

I love frogs! I think they are the coolest little guys ever!

Hootin Anni said...

That baked macaroni and cheese....yum, yum!! And you and me both, we're in a record drought.

My Th-Thunks are posted. Come on over and pick a recipe or two while you're there....have a fun filled day!! See you at my place.

I am Harriet said...

Seems like nobody likes to get dressed up fancy any more. lol.
Have a great Thursday!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/08/thursday-stuff.html

Hepburn Hilton said...

Lol... mac and cheese is such an american dish for me! Is it as commun in Canada as well? :)

Anonymous said...

I used to live in Ohio and I've heard the sirens before. I didn't head for shelter though...lol

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Tell Mr gto lighten up and the join "Fully Naked Thursdays"! :)

Lady Sinistral said...

Baked mac and cheese is the best! I can't eat mac and cheese from the box anymore. It's nasty in comparison!